SQ>SPL focus; keep or leave the OA15?

Participant count
  • Participant list

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
So. Yes. Many of you would think that I want to get louder...especially with my current setup which easily has the potential...but your wrong. Recently I've been bumping very mildly, with my windows down. Point being, I want to either do 2 things:

Get a nice OA/DCON/SA 12 and put it in a awesome box

OR

Seal my current 15 up....even though for some reason, I still want to be ported...\

So maybe do 2.8-9ish cubes @32 hz?

I'm trying to accomplish 2 goals:

Salvage AS much trunk space as possible

Have massage bass ready for consumption....without going ridiculous. No more than 135 dB

Many of you know that my OA15s in a ****** box, and I still love everything about it

Somebody calculated it @3.34 cubes unknown tuning. (Port is like 5 inches deep)

I don't ******* know....I'm leaning to doing a single ported 12. But a 15 sealed would take less room and get lower...

Help?

So. Yes. Many of you would think that I want to get louder...especially with my current setup which easily has the potential...but your wrong. Recently I've been bumping very mildly, with my windows down. Point being, I want to either do 2 things:
Get a nice OA/DCON/SA 12 and put it in a awesome box

OR

Seal my current 15 up....even though for some reason, I still want to be ported...\

So maybe do 2.8-9ish cubes @32 hz?

I'm trying to accomplish 2 goals:

Salvage AS much trunk space as possible

Have massage bass ready for consumption....without going ridiculous. No more than 135 dB

Many of you know that my OA15s in a ****** box, and I still love everything about it

Somebody calculated it @3.34 cubes unknown tuning. (Port is like 5 inches deep)

I don't ******* know....I'm leaning to doing a single ported 12. But a 15 sealed would take less room and get lower...

Help?
If you are considering sealed and wanting good low end extension, you should look to a bigg sealed box for that 15....or go ported single 12" or 10" to maintain low end extension and efficiency.

going ported means you'll be looking at minimal trunk space left, more than likely. Try going IB? But that's a lot of work involved. You will get nice SQ

Btw, I can fart 135db, so that shouldn't be hard to hit

Honestly, I want to accentuate all the bass from like 45hz down...I want that nice massage low extension...

So question is, should I stay where I'm at, do 2.9 cubes @ 32 hz or seal the badboy up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.