SQ 10" with 4" coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

10" driver from a $2000 Linn Majik home subwoofer. Same driver used in their Sekrit in wall system as well. Powerful high dollar musical gear.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Single 4ohm 4" coil. Driver is in great used condition, still very stiff. Tough rubber surround, stiff cone and lots of motor force, suspension is good for 2" of travel. I played with it for about a month on 800w, and it is incredible. Very efficient, very well behaved driver. Starts and stops on the proverbial dime. Drums are absolutely insane, ultra fast. Pitch definition is gorgeous. These are from the UK so there's not a ton of them out there. Here's a link to some more info. --> overture-audio.com | Linn MAJIK 126 10" Base Reinforcement Subwoofer

Price:

$300 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the most bizarre looking subwoofer I have ever seen. Good luck with the sale, that'd be an interesting show piece!

I don't believe so, just a well designed magnetic circuit. There's like no stray flux. Super tight gap and low mass like how things used to be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do you take payments? I can spair like.....$6/mo ish:laugh:
Trade me some of that rare gear you're sitting on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ciao, what's optimal enclosure size look like? Also, about how much does this weigh? Thanks!
I threw it in 1.75 sealed with moderate power and EQ. The Linn MAJIK is a cubic foot with nice EQ features and 1000w (dynamic power) on it. If you wanted to go vented, I would stay on the small to medium end of things. Probably not much more than 2 cubes @ 28 or so. If you're hammering the driver with tones/sine wave type content, I would go easy on the power. If you're using it for actual music, higher power is much more appreciated for the dynamic swings but without as much concern for sustained thermal abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...