Central Region SPRINGFIELD IL! show at Sundown One

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI

theMessenjah44
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Central IL
Just called Benchmark, Alpha Omega and Sundown One today to see if there are an local comps this year. AO and Benchmark said nothing set in stone yet.

Sundown One is allowing one of the car clubs to have a car meet/show/audio comp on June 20th.

They said they are going to see how this show goes to kind of test the waters, then they'll decide if they want to have any official comps.

If you want to see more local comps in Springfield, come to the show! Probably wouldn't hurt to call them and let them know you're interested too.

alpha omega probably wont be having many if any shows this year. theres just not big enough turn outs for mike to have any around here these days.

alpha omega probably wont be having many if any shows this year. theres just not big enough turn outs for mike to have any around here these days.
the only people that show up anyway are vehicles that he built. I'm just not a big fan of driving 2 hours to either get to quincy or St. Louis for comps, I'd like to have some more local

he said they MIGHT have one around Labor Day, but they're not sure yet. Benchmark said they might have one in September or October. I like the Benchmark comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the only people that show up anyway are vehicles that he built. I'm just not a big fan of driving 2 hours to either get to quincy or St. Louis for comps, I'd like to have some more local
he said they MIGHT have one around Labor Day, but they're not sure yet. Benchmark said they might have one in September or October. I like the Benchmark comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And this is why you miss seeing big named competitors. Sundown 1, never heard of it. When I was younger I lived next to Sundown Car Stereo on 5th street:confused:

And this is why you miss seeing big named competitors. Sundown 1, never heard of it. When I was younger I lived next to Sundown Car Stereo on 5th street:confused:
I never said I won't do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I just want to have some closer shows as well. I'll be going to all the Quincy shows this year for sure. One every month through October.

I'm relatively new to car audio, but from what I understand, Sundown closed down for some reason or another, Sundown One is it's replacement

what type of meter do they use up there?
I'm not sure, I went into the shop today. He said it's primarily a car show, I guess the last one this car club put on had a turnout of 2-300 cars. But he said they will be running a mic and there will be trophies.

Just come out for fun, if you are just worried about posting a TL number and you're in the area, hit me up. I just bought a TL a few weeks ago. It's not a big deal to mic cars.

I'm not sure, I went into the shop today. He said it's primarily a car show, I guess the last one this car club put on had a turnout of 2-300 cars. But he said they will be running a mic and there will be trophies.
Just come out for fun, if you are just worried about posting a TL number and you're in the area, hit me up. I just bought a TL a few weeks ago. It's not a big deal to mic cars.
Naw not worried i got a TL. i just was wondering if it was a TL or audio control mic.

Not really worried about, but I will not meter my ride unless it is a term lab. Did "Sundown 1" move into Sundowns old building then???
From what I understand, they're the same people that ran Sundown? don't quote me on that though, I'm not sure

Sundown One is on Wabash

Not really worried about, but I will not meter my ride unless it is a term lab. Did "Sundown 1" move into Sundowns old building then???
no the old building is a used car lot for mercedes and other imports. has been for a long time now. i know for sure one of the guys doesnt install for them anymore. other than that i think its the same people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.