Soundstream vs fosgate 2 ch amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

STIorDIE
10+ year member

Hey guys. I'm looking for a decent 2 ch amp to power a set of hertz hsk 165s. I've looked at many components and those seem to be a great bang for your buck set and will fit my sti just fine. I'm looking for a decent 2 ch amp to power those. Since I only need 125 rms for each speaker i've narrowed it down to the Soundstream TRX2.440 and the rockford p500-2 amp. I'm open to all suggestions so if you have any other suggestions let me know. my budget on the amp is around $300 or less.

Crescendo 1000c4 - $200 new

MBQuart DSC4125 - $180 new

Sundown SAX-100.4D - ~$275 used

Audioque AQ4x90 (little less power than your target, but you wouldn't be able to hear the difference) - $230 new

Go with one of these - better investment in the $200-$300 bracket vs. a 2-channel amp, not to mention that all would be a much better value than the RF or the SS, hands down.

would i really need a 4 ch amp for 2 speakers? I plan on taking out the rear speakers and I already got a fosgate p8002 for the subs.

From a value point of view, a 4-channel amp is better. Plus, it'll give you the option of going active sometime in the future, should you choose to venture into something with much more flexibility.

But if you had your heart set on a 2-channel amp, I'd take a look at a Sundown SAX-125.2 (~$250 brand new, under $200 used) or an MBQuart DSC-2150. Both are great and are much better values than what you have listed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.