Soundstream PN4.520D bridged only playing on one channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

GuySmily
10+ year member

A couple weeks ago one of the channels stopped playing on my pn4.520d. Turns out it's mixing both left and right signals together and only playing through one channel (right).

I'm wired up based on the diagram in the manual and the labels on the amp harness. Only the top row is used (solid colors only, no black stripe).

Purple = left +

Green = left -

Gray = right +

White = right -

If not bridged, all 4 channels work properly.

Any recommendations? I'm pretty sure it's an internal problem with the amplifier. I emailed soundstream but not sure what to expect. I'm 1 year and 5 days from date of purchase, and I just noticed the manual days the warranty is only 90 days if not installed by an authorized dealer...

It's been over a week and I've heard nothing from soundstream. No tips here either?

My other amp, a Pioneer PRS-D4100F is also giving me trouble, but I'll start a separate thread for that.

Only the top row is used (solid colors only, no black stripe).
Sounds like you're not using the ground leads of each channel. You need the ground leads for the amp to operate properly. Those Picasso Nano's are some great lil amps....

Sounds like you're not using the ground leads of each channel. You need the ground leads for the amp to operate properly. Those Picasso Nano's are some great lil amps....
What do I do with them? No connections are shown for those wires for bridged mode:

1ftyet.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.