Soundstream AR1.8000D vs. DS18 CANDY-XXL1B vs. Hifonics ZXX-3200.1D

1 hour ago, Jeffdachef said:

vs that sound stream amp 

So it seems the Soundstream is actually great quality. Why go with a Taramps 3000 or 8000 watt that costs much more than the Soundstream 8000w?

So it seems the Soundstream is actually great quality. Why go with a Taramps 3000 or 8000 watt that costs much more than the Soundstream 8000w?
I'm guessing you didnt bother looking at the numbers nor pricing.  The md 1800.1 is around 162 + shipping.  The soundstream is 175$  however the taramps makes 500 watts more and is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more efficient than that cheapo chinese garbage.  Meaning, to even get any actual power out of of that soundstream, you need a beefed up electrical setup, otherwise if you hold around 13.0 volts after drop, you'll be lucky to make any sort of power meanwhile the taramps rated at 12.6 volts, you'll get the 1800 rms even with a sh*t electrical system and even more when your electrical system is beefy..  Now a new taramps md 3000.1 is 200 dollars and based on those dyno videos, you can pretty much gauge how much power you'll have.  Plus you'll save on the size as well.   full bridged amps dont need to be massive to generate ridiculous power. 

You'd think when someone posts on a forum asking for advice, and people provide it, that they would listen. Beating a dead horse here, it's been happening forever. 

OP, how about you just take our advice instead of pretending you're an expert who knows more than multiple people who have been gathering information for years

I'm guessing you didnt bother looking at the numbers nor pricing.  The md 1800.1 is around 162 + shipping.  The soundstream is 175$  however the taramps makes 500 watts more and is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more efficient than that cheapo chinese garbage.  Meaning, to even get any actual power out of of that soundstream, you need a beefed up electrical setup, otherwise if you hold around 13.0 volts after drop, you'll be lucky to make any sort of power meanwhile the taramps rated at 12.6 volts, you'll get the 1800 rms even with a sh*t electrical system and even more when your electrical system is beefy..  Now a new taramps md 3000.1 is 200 dollars and based on those dyno videos, you can pretty much gauge how much power you'll have.  Plus you'll save on the size as well.   full bridged amps dont need to be massive to generate ridiculous power. 
Alright so the subs I am sticking with are Skar SDR-15 's. I know they're cheaper but I already own one and it bumps like a mf'er and I can save some money. Would you still stick with the Taramps? Also, what's your stance on Cerwin Vega amps like the H42000.1D? Cheap or great?

Alright so the subs I am sticking with are Skar SDR-15 's. I know they're cheaper but I already own one and it bumps like a mf'er and I can save some money. Would you still stick with the Taramps? Also, what's your stance on Cerwin Vega amps like the H42000.1D? Cheap or great?
Yes get the taramps, it's a tiny footprint and an amp that puts out actual power. 

Most of us dislike Skar because the owner is a dbag and scammed a lot of people a few years back but their drivers aren't bad 

1-2kw rms is what those can take, so get an amp that can do around 2kw rms after rise. i.e. the hd3k or md3000.1. optionally get the md8000.1 and turn the gain down until you upgrade

A LOT of people have taramps in their vehicles, not cerwin vega, not soundstream. We tell you to avoid brands that have been around for a while that have small sales because almost all the oldschool names were sold to knock off producers about 10-15 yrs ago

Last edited by a moderator:
hifonics, soundstream, cerwin vega etc mb quart... All those old brands you thought were good back then have sold out to china companies that make the sh*ttiest products, cut the most corners and lies the most on their amps with higher than most failure rates that put zero money into R&D not helping the car audio community at all, just making some chinamen's wallets fat while you get a potential brick door stopper that doesnt put out any power.   

But hey, its up to you to buy whatever you want. If you are cool with putting money into pockets of brands that only care about the bottom line and the race to zero with bloated power numbers and blatant lying and decieving. Go right ahead. 

You'd think when someone posts on a forum asking for advice, and people provide it, that they would listen. Beating a dead horse here, it's been happening forever. 

OP, how about you just take our advice instead of pretending you're an expert who knows more than multiple people who have been gathering information for years
Look, I'm not dissing your advice. More than likely, I'm going to buy a Taramps amp. I am simply asking for my own knowledge what your views of cerwin vega are and what makes soundstream unreliable. I've considered soundstream good because of their XXX series, but If more than 2 people think otherwise, I want to know why. So I am thankful for the introduction of Taramps from this forumn.

Look, I'm not dissing your advice. More than likely, I'm going to buy a Taramps amp. I am simply asking for my own knowledge what your views of cerwin vega are and what makes soundstream unreliable. I've considered soundstream good because of their XXX series, but If more than 2 people think otherwise, I want to know why. So I am thankful for the introduction of Taramps from this forumn.
Soundstream and Cerwin Vega use shitty Chinese build houses for their amps. They use low grade components and they are assmebled as cheap as possible. Every possible corner is cut so the companies can still turn a profit with zero fucks given about you the consumer. 

Soundstream and Cerwin Vega use shitty Chinese build houses for their amps. They use low grade components and they are assmebled as cheap as possible. Every possible corner is cut so the companies can still turn a profit with zero fucks given about you the consumer. 
Pretty much sums it up right there. Mass produced, could careless about quality.  Mainstream brands believe it or not were once great.

So the taramps md or hd 3000 full range amps are good amps for subs and do the still do rated and efficient in the sub range?? If so I'm considering to use 1 on my 2 ab xfl 12s seeing that they are so reasonable on Amazon...

Yes the HD3000 dynoed 3000 at 40hz and 3500 at 1000hz.

I have not seen the MD3000 dynoed but the MD1800 did 2770 at 13.5 volts.

I have ran them on mids and subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.