Sony XAV-62BT Opinions????

Participant count
  • Participant list

08Accord
10+ year member

So I'm in the market for a double-din with bluetooth but I really don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Sonicelectronix has a wicked sale on this unit!!! Should I shoot for it???

Keep in mind, I have JL Comps, Coax and sub and a Cadence 5ch. I'm not completely knowledgeable with all this stuff, so is there anything about this unit that would not work well with the equipment i already have??

Sony has really dropped down in quality.

I would suggest looking at another brand.

Clarion makes quality units for a good price. I prefer Pioneer as they are built solid although the UI sometimes isn't the best

Here is a review I found for the HU you asked about that kinda sums up the problems with Sony

Now here is the laundry list of problems I've experienced: - There are only 2 graphical visualizations during music playback, and they both stink. - User can't upload any pics to use as custom backgrounds. - SensMe function doesn't work AT ALL. I've tried multiple times with my iPod, both with just the regular iPod music, and with a second copy of every single song transferred with Sony's PC software. Simply will not work. - iPod control doesn't work well. I can't shuffle the songs, and it always defaults to the first song of the first album alphabetically in my 1,200 song playlist. - Radio presets jump when I turn off the truck. If I'm listening to station 1 on FM1, it jumps to some random preset on FM3 when the ignition is turned off. - TOUCHscreen is TOUCHy. Usually have to hit it several times for a certain function to register. And even when it does take, there is a long processing pause while the unit catches up with the button push. This product has TONS of potential, but it's almost like Sony didn't even put it through a QC process in the lab. Either that or their inside engineers have simply never played with a high end car audio system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.