Some NEW NEW

xigotmailx
10+ year member

Alright, not a professional yet, but I got some knowledge in me. I know how to wire it, but I don't know much about them. First off, I already got two 10" Pioneers, probably like 300W RMS each, underpowered with some offbrand 700W Peak amp, wired with 4 gauge. Anyways, I need to hit harder...way harder! I seriously won't be happy till you can hear me down the block, and then i'll probably get used to it and want louder, like everyone hahaha.

Ok, anyways, I want to know the difference between 4ohm and 2ohm. Like what's better, and how do they differ?

That's really the only actual question I had, now here comes the choices. I got about $500 maybe a little more to spend on subs, box, and amp, but what I want is like two 10" L5's and a Hifonics BXi 1208D. These both would match RMS at 900W at 2ohm, but there lies my question, 4 or 2, what's the difference and what's better?

What are some other options I have here? And this is what it's going into:

Trunk dimensions are 34"W by 19"H, could I possibly fit some 12's in there?

4 ohm is not better than 2 ohm and 2 ohm is not better than 4 ohm. You match the ohms of the subs with the amp. So if the hifonics amp puts out 1200ish at 1 ohm you will want dual 4 ohm subs so you can wire each sub to 2 ohms and then wire them parrallel to the amp to get 1 ohm.

Alright, not a professional yet, but I got some knowledge in me. I know how to wire it, but I don't know much about them. First off, I already got two 10" Pioneers, probably like 300W RMS each, underpowered with some offbrand 700W Peak amp, wired with 4 gauge. Anyways, I need to hit harder...way harder! I seriously won't be happy till you can hear me down the block, and then i'll probably get used to it and want louder, like everyone hahaha.
Ok, anyways, I want to know the difference between 4ohm and 2ohm. Like what's better, and how do they differ?

That's really the only actual question I had, now here comes the choices. I got about $500 maybe a little more to spend on subs, box, and amp, but what I want is like two 10" L5's and a Hifonics BXi 1208D. These both would match RMS at 900W at 2ohm, but there lies my question, 4 or 2, what's the difference and what's better?

What are some other options I have here? And this is what it's going into:

Trunk dimensions are 34"W by 19"H, could I possibly fit some 12's in there?

Well i dont know much about the L5's but i think i would go a different route if i were you....If you want something REALLY loud maybe you should take your 500 and buy maybe 1 12 or 1 15...maybe a nightshade or a RE XXX or something like that...then sell off all your old stuff and save up for good amp...i feel like those L5's are only gonna take you so far..Nothing against kicker but i feel like there i better stuff out there for the same money...

I went with the L5's, two 10's in a vented box made by kicker and the HiFonics amp. Both but out an RMS of 900 at 2 ohm's so wired in series the subs will be 2 ohm's connected to the 2 ohm's of the amp therefore we have a match with the RMS. Also getting new speakers to the car, but do I need a second amp for those?

They are dual 2 and already got the wire diagram, but thanks man!

Anyways, would I need another amp for simple in door speakers? I have an aftermarket head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xigotmailx

10+ year member
xigotmailx
Albuquerque, NM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from