So.. What if...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Quick question.. Im sure it's probably a retarded one but.

Had some great help on picking out some component speakers and what not.. But heres the deal.

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200, and it's the loaded out version.. I think it's the limited one or something.. Idk honestly.

The stock speakers sound pretty **** good, and get pretty low in the back on the 6x9's. What if.. I just took say a ppi 800.4 or something and threw it on those speakers..

Or would it just be more wise to get a nice $2-300 set of components like focoal or just something else..

Thanks guys

Aftermarket speaker systems usually sound better than anything I've seen stock(even premium stock). My wife thought her premium Bose system sounded like crap compared to my aftermardet DLS speakers in my personal truck and aftermarket Kenwood speakers in my work truck. I'm going with German MAESTRO(MB Quartish) in her car this weekend.

The premium stock systems are usually amped but I think most are 30-40watts per speaker. The PPI amp would certainly be an upgrade to add with aftermarket speakers.

Aftermarket speaker systems usually sound better than anything I've seen stock(even premium stock). My wife thought her premium Bose system sounded like crap compared to my aftermardet DLS speakers in my personal truck and aftermarket Kenwood speakers in my work truck. I'm going with German MAESTRO(MB Quartish) in her car this weekend.The premium stock systems are usually amped but I think most are 30-40watts per speaker. The PPI amp would certainly be an upgrade to add with aftermarket speakers.
That makes sense. I appreciate the feedback!

I'd love to get some nice aftermarket for around $2-300. I just fear that it'll be a downgrade to my premium system you know.

If an amp is easily incorporated, try it first and see. Best case, your happy with it and can save some money.. Worst case, you dont' like it or end up overpowering/blowing a speaker, then upgrade them anyways.

I added a ms-8 to my system, which amplified my stock bose to 30-40 watts/channel. That combined with the processing has made my car very liveable stereo wise until I can afford to redo the whole front stage..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date