So i started to smoke my coil....

Participant count
  • Participant list

FineLinePimpin
10+ year member

Stuck in WV
Was on the way home and hittin pretty good and started smelling a glue/paint smell, got home and smelled the port...yup it stunk. It's not dead and was still hitting pretty good but i guess is good i found it now before i gave it another few hundred watts of clean power lol.

I'm giving it a supposed 1k watts from a Memphis blah blah amp but the bass output noticeably drops when I'm at idle. So i have a 240a singer alt and 'Scendo B2000 just waiting but now I'm thinking what do i do. ......

1. Have my Reign I.A.D. 12 rebuilt stronger...

2. Go with 2-4 eight in subs the work well in small ported but can handle the power

3. An all new 12 that could game handle 1200-2000 daily but not break the bank

4. Two 10 in subs that could handle the same power as a pair.

I don't do competitions and nor am i looking for just daily low burps. I listen to music but i like it loud and low. I was something to work in under 2.5 cubes and i don't wanna pay over 400 for one 12 sub. But willing to pay more than four multiple subs. Let's here some idea.

Sent using Tapatalk while like doing stuff.

just turn it down for a little bit to let it cool off when it stinks. its probably because you gave it clipped signal like he said, but if you want to take advantage of a soft clip you may need a woofer with higher power handling

Yea dont count it out yet i smoked the hell outa one of my sa 12s feeding it way too much power ..smoke was rolling out of the port and i reset the gains down to 1200 and it played flawless for another 2 years without a hiccup then i sold it

OK cool....i guess i was just looking for an excuse to start saving up for a new sub lol. There was actually no smoke, YET, but I pulled the sub for now till the smell is gone so my 6 month old baby isnt dealing with the smell....and NO NO NO I dont turn it up with the baby in the car. The bass goes down as does the gain to all the way. I usually listen to talk radio when shes in there anyway lol.

I had considered throwing my sub in a sealed box to see how it sounds, but now I may not since the coil already got overheated once and I dont wanna get it even hotter now by taking away the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.