Skateboard Ramp Loading Wall for SPL

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
Started foaming in my Jeep preparing for my next setup (forward facing bandpass) :

CIMG3815.JPG

* Drivers side fully foamed in and enclosed

CIMG3816.JPG

* Passenger side fully foamed and enclosed

The above made my SPL drop hard with the current box, although, I need it for the new setup... so we came up with an idea in the mean time.

CIMG3817.JPG

* Mini skateboard ramp !

CIMG3818.JPG

* Another view

This brought my peak SPL back to where it was and my efficiency almost back to where it was. Too bad I never tried the ramp before the foam... I thought about it but never got around to it.

You're gonna need bags on that thing eventually....trust me on this one.
I have air shocks on it now -- seems to be doing okay so far ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So its sort of like an upward facing horn. Where did you get the idea for this?
Just an idea we had to try and get some pressure off the hatch -- but I figured it would also help push the air up over top of the box since we blocked off so much room on the sides of the enclosure with the foam.

Whatever the actual mechanism is -- it did work in this case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just an idea we had to try and get some pressure off the hatch -- but I figured it would also help push the air up over top of the box since we blocked off so much room on the sides of the enclosure with the foam.
Whatever the actual mechanism is -- it did work in this case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Makes sense to me. I take it the thing is pretty solid? I wonder what would happen if you built it a little bit higher

I have air shocks on it now -- seems to be doing okay so far ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah for now, but put in as much **** as I did in mine and bags are the way to go. I prob have 3x more weight.

yeah for now, but put in as much **** as I did in mine and bags are the way to go. I prob have 3x more weight.
Indeed... I am not going full wall with it so I'm hoping it will be alright with air shocks alone. Building a half wall (no wall) with birch ply to keep weight down.

small addjustments in size and shape will /should change where the peak hits the windsheild. i have been playing around with a curved set up that directs my peak to the spot where the metter is placed on the windshield.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date