Skar Audio VVX10V2 common chamber Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blang

Time to pick you guys brains a little bit again, So I currently have a vvx10 that I have had for about a month and its seems broke in and sounds rather intense at 700 watts but the question I have entails the new enclosure since my new driver will be here this coming week. I plan on building a common chamber enclosure that will give both drivers about 2.2ft^3 and a 30hz tune but the problem I have is 1 is broke in and the other will be brand new... now I take the time and keep new drivers on 3/4 wattage for a week before I start hammering on them to let the spider and coils "Brake in".

Anyway, do you think it would be wise to just throw both drivers in the new enclosure and just keep the wattage about 500 per or take the new driver and put it in my current enclosure and let it brake in before matching it with the other?

what would you recommend? the manufacturer recommends 1.75 ft^3 per driver

I also have a design that is 2.6ft^3 per driver at 35hz

what would you recommend? the manufacturer recommends 1.75 ft^3 per driver
I also have a design that is 2.6ft^3 per driver at 35hz
maybe he just read it wrong.. i don't think a 10 needs more that 1.75cf each some maybe but i think the vvx will work 1.75-2cf tuned at 35 hz u be good if u get the ohm thing figured out..

well I have the 1 right now in a 1.85cf tuned at 35 and just the 1 on 700 watts is pretty intense so many people call me a liar when I say its just 1 10" till I show them but I think I'll go with the 2.6 at 35 I just have to deal with not being able to hit the lows

lol it's a Hifonics Zeus ZRX1500.1D ill be switching to a CAB 1600.1 and running both drivers at 2 ohms maybe .5 (have dual 2ohm) eventually I plan on 3 at 1.33 but don't have the funds to throw at a 3rd right now it's either a 3rd driver or an amplifier not both

better yet what cf would you guys recommend per driver?

well I have the 1 right now in a 1.85cf tuned at 35 and just the 1 on 700 watts is pretty intense so many people call me a liar when I say its just 1 10" till I show them but I think I'll go with the 2.6 at 35 I just have to deal with not being able to hit the lows
lol it's a Hifonics Zeus ZRX1500.1D ill be switching to a CAB 1600.1 and running both drivers at 2 ohms maybe .5

better yet what cf would you guys recommend per driver?
Why 2 ohm?... you got dual 2's?

1.6-1.7?? im looking at 2.6 per 5.26cf net 6.51 gross 8x8x20 slot port enclosure will be 36w 24l 16h driver displacement 0.24 port displacement 1.01cf made with 3/4 birch ply i work at a lumber yard and get it at cost

edited post above port area 64.0in² the tuning on that would be 35.1hz

do you think that's it's too big for the drivers or should I rethink the size and bring it down to 1.8-2.0 per driver?

and to answer why dual 2ohms because I eventually want 3 at 1.33ohm or 4 at 1 ohm

You do realize that that big of a box will have a ton of rise... wow that box'll probably limit that amp at 2 ohms to 750 watts... and that's being generous... thats a heck of a port... youll be working the suspension on those subs I'll wager

You do realize that that big of a box will have a ton of rise... wow that box'll probably limit that amp at 2 ohms to 750 watts... and that's being generous... thats a heck of a port... youll be working the suspension on those subs I'll wager
so to much space so 30W 20L 15H with a 4x4x10 slot port nets me 3.6cf so that's 1.8cf per driver and hits 30hz exactly the port area is 16.in²

by the way, this is why I'm picking you guys brains because I'm still rather new to building enclosures and joined the forums for help to really get the most out of these 10's

so to much space so 30W 20L 15H with a 4x4x10 slot port nets me 3.6cf so that's 1.8cf per driver and hits 30hz exactly but the port area plummeted to 16.in²
What are you using to tune with... an app or torres?... winisd?.. I'm still trying to figure out why you had so much port the first time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.