Situation I'm in what would you do?

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I sold a guy locally an eclipse cd5423 payed the $25 to get it unlocked hooked it up in his car and it worked fine no problems

He is saying that it won't play his burnt cd's and gettin all sorts of pissed off at me wantin me to give him his money back or give him my cd8445 which I'm just not going to do.

This is the cd5423:

High voltage 5V low impedance outputs

Front/Rear/Non-fader preamplifier output pairs

Maximum 50W into 4 channels with new MOSFET power amplifier section

CD-R/CD-RW compatibility

MP3 playback using optional ECLIPSE Commander Advance

Power tilting front panel with wide, high-contrast LCD

Auxiliary input

Electronic crossover control

Remote Controller 1802/1602 (optional)

That cd-r/cd-rw means it plays burnt cds right? It says compatibility tho does that mean you have to buy the eclipse commander advance to play cd-r/cd-rw?

I know you have to buy the eclipse commander advance to play mp3's but I don't think so to play cd-r/cd-rw

He says it kinda plays it but its fuzzy or something and he is threatening me and all sorts of ****. What would you do?

ya i bought the unit used and it had been locked out I hooked it up to make sure it would turn on and it did just was locked out so I unlocked in front of him and ya he is cheap only brought $60 with him when he knew it was $115 for the deck and for me to install it so we had to go to the bank.

I mean I just call eclipse when I have a question but it's sunday so first thing tomorrow I'm going to call eclipse and see if he needs to get the eclipse commander to play his burnt cd's or whatever and if so it's not my fault for him not doing research on the deck.

If there is something wrong with the deck and for some reason it won't play burnt cds should I refund him the money and take the deck. It's kinda like I'm sellin this to you with a no return policy if something happens I should have had him sign something. He should have tested it out while I was there tho.

It plays cd's fine I guess just not burnt cd's and he says his cds are not in mp3 format which I don't know if he is telling the truth or not.

Just did some research and this has been a problem on a lot of eclipse decks in that year especially the 5423. Some play cd-r's just fine others are fuzzy. So it's like an eclipse problem not my fault. ***** for the guy but he should have done the research. Burned cd's have to be in cd text on this player not wma or mp3. So ya it ***** for him but not my fault. I also found that a guy reset his eclipse cd player and it played cds fine so hopefully this will be the case with his but I really don't want to deal with him cause he is threatening me saying he knows what I look like and my car and whatnot and if he ever sees me. Just some ********.

Most likely he is trying to play data cd's loaded with MP3 files which it won't do and is just to stupid to try a actual burnt music cd. He probably thought burnt cd's meant it could play MP3's but that's his fault for not checking or asking before he bought it.

**** him man.

first off he's a a cheap ****.

secondly you hooked it up and essentially tested it for him. if it doesnt work now thats his fault or eclipses, not yours.

recommend him using different brands of burnt cd's and make sure they're burnt to play in regular cd players. like said earlier he's probably using a cd full of mp3 formats songs that need to be converted to standard cd player format.

Thirdly if he suggests again giving him your other deck just laugh at his face. If he threatens you again call the cops and let it be noted on record that he's threatened you. Then if anything happens to you or your car call the cops again and they'll question him. Best thing for you to do now is call your insurance company and look into getting your stereo insured. I did it a few years ago and it was like $200 a year for up to $5000 of coverage for the stereo alone. If you dont need the coverage as high then I'm sure it'll be cheaper. When you're talking like $20 bucks a month or less its WEEELLLLLLL worth it. Make the call monday and get your **** covered.

If he ****s with your stuff and the cops cant do anything pay some thugs to light up his house. It'll run 2 or 3 bills but it'll be a certified ghetto lead telegram.

ya I'm really hoping he will leave me a voice message or something so I can save it. I will def get insurance tomorrow on my stuff. I mean pretty much everything sold on craigslist is "as is" so I'm not too worried about it. But even if it is a flaw in the deck he should have tested it when I was there.

Kinda like if you buy a used car and it has factory recalls that are way past the date to get that recall fixed there is no way in hell the seller would be like oh well I'll fix it or give you your money back.

Just a pain in my ass. I sold a guy a yellow top that I took right out of my car and apparantly it was bad so I met up with him and gave him his money back but this is a different story. It's his job to either fix it or sell it not mine.

Something I learned years ago that has served me well..... I cannot STAND giving a moron money back so you have to look at the amount you sold it for and ask yourself... if I could get my product back AND get him to go away forever for this amount of money........ would I?

The answer has almost always been yes.

dude **** that guy lol. if he keeps bugging u get ur HU back and sell it on here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.