Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

aebm

Hello Group,

I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

Thanks for the help and info!

Hello Group,
I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

Thanks for the help and info!
no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..

Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?

Thanks again.

no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..
While it is frowned upon, it is possible to use a all 4chs on a sub. I have done it with a dual 4 sub bridged to each 2chs. Worked good in a pinch. Just have to make sure your gains and crossover are set identical. Done it with 2 single 4 subs too.

Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?
Thanks again.
yeah as he said it can be done, just hard to get same power to each coil.. lots of options in $500 range for say a 600-1k amp and sundown sa even 2 E's for that matter right under $500.. u can get ppi p1k like mine $199 tested over 1000rms @1 ohm or get twisted sounds 1k here real nice amp for the $ and any $200 or so sub of course u need box.. SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS1KW (TS1KW)

Sundown E or SA series.

Great subs, doesn't take much to move them.

Are you going to just do a sub swap with what you have currently? If so, you'll most likely need a new box if you want it to perform correctly.

Also if you upgrade your amp, you'll most likely need a new wiring kit. That stuff will eat into your budget real quick.

If you truly want to stay under $500, a single e-series 12 on a proper amp, in a proper box will do you well.

Thanks for the replies,

I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

Thanks a lot!!!!

Thanks for the replies,
I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

Thanks a lot!!!!
yep d2 sub is right.. u could also get xtr 650 probably does 800 rms (the 1500 tested at 2200rms they rated at 12.6v) also on ssa.. if u want real nice box get a stage 2 or 3 like this (since u said ebay wanta make sure u get a good one) u can email this guy he'll make it how ever u want u can just tell him make port 2" longer or whatever and u can get it without carpet or terminals if u just drill hole in box run wire straight from sub to amp.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-SUNDOWN-SA12-SUB-BOX/263177242776?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D48740%26meid%3D667c73b5354742918586391252d5147e%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D263177241901&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1 u can pm me with more questions but this is made with dado groves very soild double baffle box.

Thanks for the replies,

Thanks a lot!!!!
If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.

Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.

If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.
Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.
Wait a sec...that link that Cramps provided the seller location is in Miami....and if your truly in Ft. Lauderdale, that's really a stone's throw away from your location. You could very easily go to them for an encllosure and get what you want and don't have to worry about shipping.

sorry to butt in but I need help.....I bought what I think is a Sundown sa 10 d4 at a yard sale. I was wondering why it has a black magnet and most of the pictures I see of them have chrome magnets. or did I get tricked into a different model. I love it either way,just curious. id appereciate any info.

sorry to butt in but I need help.....I bought what I think is a Sundown sa 10 d4 at a yard sale. I was wondering why it has a black magnet and most of the pictures I see of them have chrome magnets. or did I get tricked into a different model. I love it either way,just curious. id appereciate any info.
idk but there is actually a thread about the yardsale look for that and ask there.. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/635650-sundown-yardsale.html actually i search sa pics and saw some with black magnets it's fine..

Wait a sec...that link that Cramps provided the seller location is in Miami....and if your truly in Ft. Lauderdale, that's really a stone's throw away from your location. You could very easily go to them for an encllosure and get what you want and don't have to worry about shipping.
hey that guy did go there and get a box lol.. but he got ppi like mine he asked me how to adjust settings couple weeks ago..

It's an earlier version
Sent from my SamsungLife using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

aebm

aebm
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jigsizzle