Signal Processors.....?

Participant count
  • Participant list

walterdixon
10+ year member

OK, so my first system is starting to look complete, but recently I've gotten the idea that I could benefit from a processing unit of some kind.

I've been looking at the MaxxBass 103, and that seems like it might be one to consider, but it's also been frowned apon by some reputable people *cough* Squeak *cough*.

As far as other options go, I'm not too sure what's what.

My setup is in my sig. I've always had my sights on SQ and I think I've done a good job so far. With that said, will the benefits of a processing unit outweigh the price (keeping in mind im a near broke student)? Whatever I end up getting, I'd like to keep it under or around $200usd.

Suggestions on which units to look at, and which unit does what would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Walter

so when we talk about signal processors, it's either an EQ or a crossover...or are there more?

Which tends to be more beneficial (keeping my setup in mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

A crossover is not going to do much at all. A eq may but only if it is there to do a dedicated job on an identified problem. Personally I would look at an Eclipse head unit first and leave the eq out of the loop entirely. This will make a noticeable difference in how you use your system. The more signal manipulation you do, the greater the chance of noise and clipped signals. Pour your dollars into a better placement of the front speakers if you are not going to change the cd player.

A crossover is not going to do much at all. A eq may but only if it is there to do a dedicated job on an identified problem. Personally I would look at an Eclipse head unit first and leave the eq out of the loop entirely. This will make a noticeable difference in how you use your system. The more signal manipulation you do, the greater the chance of noise and clipped signals. Pour your dollars into a better placement of the front speakers if you are not going to change the cd player.
kick panels eh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.