Shifter Bag...

Participant count
  • Participant list

David19
10+ year member

Epic Thread Poster
Pensacola FL
Not sure for the right name for it is... but i just got a new Shift Knob and i put it on and everywhere now the shift bag just droops down and doesnt connect right with the knob i got.. so im gonna need to get a new Shifter bag... or whatever its called. and anyways the one i have has holes in it anyways. but im not sure how to take the bag i have out... ive looked in my Honda book and everything doesnt say anything about it... i dont want to have to take the whole console out just to remove the bag there has to be a more simple way to do it. and saw a shifter bag at auto zone one fits all right? Thanks for any help

Car: 91 Honda accord LX.

alright thanks, but trying to figure how to take my old boot off. thats what im having trouble with... seems like it would come off but i dont want to tear it off... trying to find the right way of takeing it off.

the base should unsnap, and the boot will be secured to the knob with a metal ring that you'll need to cut

pull the base all the way up over the knob, and you should see what i'm talking about

you need to remove the center console... (edit--never mind) ..I had to replace mine,(92 prelude) get a pair of small needle nose pliers, when you get the console out, turn it over, the unit is literally folded and stapled in place. It is a bear to work with, go slow, save as much of the original staples and try not to break that thin/flimsy plastic...I tried to compress or "distort' the plastic ring and I just ended up breaking it..it didn't snap out for me. (good idea about the zip tie to hold the new boot!) good luck!

you know the square piece you cant yank that out.. and just take the boot off that way without takeing the Whole console out? and to replace it just to staple it down again?... and it dont snap into my shifter knob cause i got a new one and now the boot just droops down and doesnt connect at all lol.. just trying to get this boot loose so i can replace it.. and i have a 91 honda accord LX.

yes, you will have to remove the console....in my prelude the stereo trim ring has to come out first - then you can take the center console out... (see my edited post-- the square plastic won't 'pop' out.)

The idea of zip tying is a great idea...I ended up taping and screwing mine in to the old ring...(doesnt work that good) I think what he is saying is to install the boot, screw the shiftknob on, then pull the boot back up over the knob so the top of it is inside out, then zip tie as far up and as close as you can to the knob, then, carefully pull everything back down so it is right side out.

it was simple hehe looks awsome too... 4 screws takes off the center console took it out went in the house flip it over took two screws out and the medal comes out which was holding the old boot.. then you just put the new boot on the medal and put it back and screw it in and put console back in the car and blem its done.. figure this would be much harder then it was... Thanks all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

David19

10+ year member
Epic Thread Poster
David19
Pensacola FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date