Scion TC HU Mishap.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IDSkoT
5,000+ posts

Resonating Reticular
I recently used recycled wires (it was a mess) for a friend's car. He took everything out of his brother's car and asked me to hook it up. I did my best with what I had. He was using his stock head unit, so I spliced into it for a High Output Converter. I wired in the remote wire VIA remote turn on for the actual head unit. Everything is fine.

It works fine for a while, and then he lets his friend drive. Somehow, his foot got stuck on the wire (I tucked everything up, zip tie. I'm not ghetto, I did everything right with what I could.) He said "it was hanging, and I tried to tuck it away, but I guess I pulled it more and my foot got stuck on it and it yanked out."

The wire he pulled out was the remote wire for the system. However, the kicker is that now his head unit won't turn on. I stopped by for like 20 minutes to try to figure it out, but I had class. I reconnected the remote wire for the HU, and tried it and it still didn't turn on. I'm giving it a better look tomorrow. But I'm not sure what it is. I thought the remote just came loose... but that's not the case. I twisted it tight, and it still didn't start up.

It's an '06 Scion tC, btw.

Check the fuse on the back of the headunit and any fuses that might be in-line on say your constant 12v+ or switched 12v+ leads, if the wire shorted on bare metal (ground) it may have blown a fuse, or maybe even a fusible link. Get yourself a multimeter and test the wires for the headunit.

Ha didnt notice who op was, proly already tried all of the above, good luck!

Check the fuse on the back of the headunit and any fuses that might be in-line on say your constant 12v+ or switched 12v+ leads, if the wire shorted on bare metal (ground) it may have blown a fuse, or maybe even a fusible link. Get yourself a multimeter and test the wires for the headunit.
Ha didnt notice who op was, proly already tried all of the above, good luck!
Haha. Yeah. To be honest, I went in between two of my classes, I didn't have a DMM, nor did I feel like looking through the fuses. He said that his brother checked the fuses, and they were all good. But I don't trust his electronic expertise.

tell him to buy a new car cuz he's fu cked!!!!!!
Very precise and logical reasoning, Craving. Another solid contribution to the forum.

Oh wait... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

At least when I insult someone, I help them, then call them names, or do both at the same time. Not just post something completely worthless.

Very precise and logical reasoning, Craving. Another solid contribution to the forum.
Oh wait... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

At least when I insult someone, I help them, then call them names, or do both at the same time. Not just post something completely worthless.
at least im not like you, regurgitating information you get from the forum into other posts, where it sounds like you have no idea what ur talking about

how much real life experience do you have??? 1 install????

at least im not like you, regurgitating information you get from the forum into other posts, where it sounds like you have no idea what ur talking about
how much real life experience do you have??? 1 install????
Yes... definitely. Only one install. Except you know for sure I have my car, you know of my ex girlfriend's car (because that thread was hilarious), I just said I did a piece of ish job on this guy's car since I had to re-cycle wires. I've done my brother's truck, and a lot of my friend's cars.

But only one install. Just because I don't post pictures doesn't mean I'm not doing it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

And I assure you, I know more than you do about car audio.

How about you? Didn't you get your car done at a shop?

There's something wrong about doing this... how? Is that not what forums are for?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

If you know the correct information post it. As long as it's accurate, and helpful to the question at hand, it really doesn't matter if you knew it from real life experience or off a forum.

But when advice is asked, don't just make stuff up according to what "you've heard"

My take on information regurgitation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IDSkoT

5,000+ posts
Resonating Reticular
IDSkoT
Miami, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date