safety for the axis

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr.michael
10+ year member

BOB SAGGET!
cA
i would assume if i run my 2 saz3kds to my axis subs i could probly blow them pretty quick if i were to act like they were dc level 5's. but does it seem ok to say that if i set the gains low enough when theyre strapped at 2ohms that my subs should be okay from bad happenings. or is it like 3000 watts either way type thing... know what i mean. id like to run these amps at a very chill level cause i know they can pop me beautys

i would assume if i run my 2 saz3kds to my axis subs i could probly blow them pretty quick if i were to act like they were dc level 5's. but does it seem ok to say that if i set the gains low enough when theyre strapped at 2ohms that my subs should be okay from bad happenings. or is it like 3000 watts either way type thing... know what i mean. id like to run these amps at a very chill level cause i know they can pop me beautys
Set you gains correctly and your fine. If an amp always put out max power what would a volume knob do? Just set your tones using a 0db test tone at 3/4 volume and dont' go higher than that volume point unless the recording is quiet or doesn't have alot of bass. Not sure what the RMS on the axis is, but set your gains accordingly and if anything your better off this way since the amps won't work as hard.

Thermal RMS is 2500 on those, I think you're in for a surprise as to how easily they will handle your available power.

Thermal RMS is 2500 on those, I think you're in for a surprise as to how easily they will handle your available power.
that's not nearly as bad as I assumed I figured RMS was like 1500 or something by the way he made it sound.

lol well idk a guy told me(anonymous) plus that isnt spelled right, he told me i might be pushing the subs. but i was thinking it would be ok cause maybe i could just not turn it up to high you know. but idk i was totally into not pushing the amps that hard to as they are my babies. and i hope i will own them for a long time. with these amps i can try out many different setups. thanks yall for the input. and to what cianzo said, i hope your right. i hope they can take the power good because i will have a good electric and the amps should be putting out pretty well.

im hella excited but yet im hella nervous cuz i dont want to frick anything up. i wish one of you guys lived closer than la maybe i could get help. but idk, im usually the kind that wants to do it myself but the thought of blowing a 700 dollar amplifier just seems scary. plus i will not be drinking or burning anything during this install. im slow but surely

Just keep in mind, thermal power handling is different than mechanical power handling. If you plan to dump loads of power into them, be sure to go with smaller enclosures.

Just keep in mind, thermal power handling is different than mechanical power handling. If you plan to dump loads of power into them, be sure to go with smaller enclosures.
well. i probly wouldnt try to but thanks. my enclosure now is 6.5 cubes at 34 hz. im gonna be adding a 2x4 in the box for bracing beings the box is only one layer of mdf. just finished up painting it today as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.