SA8 v2 box question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

perferd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
windsor
Please forgive the uninformed newb questions lol...

Anyways I WAS looking at getting a single gcon 12" but noticed their site recommends 2.5-3.0ft^3. I really dont want to be that big so I went down to the gcon 10" which is recommended at 1.75-2.0ft^3. Then I started looking at the sa8's and the sa site recommends .5-.75ft^3. Now if I put 2 together to me that means I need 1.0-1.5ft^3 which is smaller then either of the 2 previous. Am I doing this right? Hell 3 means 1.5-2.25ft^3 right? These are net which I was told means minus the subs and anything else in the box right?

Thanks

my best experience with the V.2's has been .75 per, with a lot of port area, my daily setup for a while was 2 D2's wired at .5 on my saz 1500, enclosure was 1.5net with 60 square inches of port tuned to 37, with the way it reacted in my car it would respond down to 18hz, and did a 140.8 at 28hz on the 40 amp fuse meca limits me to,

they were flat nasty. but that enclosure is very hard on those woofers. but they will last a life time in it as long as you dont try to abuse them the way i did...

Ok good then this is what I am doing...2 sa8 v2's...I am done going back and forth now knowing the box will be smaller...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perferd

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
perferd
windsor
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date