RUB1.2500d Clamped Numbers?

813thumper
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Has anyone clamped their Rubicon 2500 before? I am trying to decide whether to sell it once i fix mine or buy another one. The two things i hate about it is the ends caps and bass knob are all plastic!!!!! I cant stand that! makes everything seem cheap. and then it only has 2 speaker inputs rather than the standard four.

I will have to agree with you on the bass knobs I hate how cheap they feel, I actually broke one taking it out of the packaging cause the mounting feet got stock on the packaging and just snapped right off. As for only having 2 speaker outputs, do a run of 4g from the speaker output and then on your box have a bolt and put a ring terminal on the 4g. Then wire it all on the inside of the box using just some 8g wire or whatever

i have never clamped them, however I have a few tidbits of info that if you piece them together may give a decent picture -

a buddy clamped a strapped pair, starting @ 2 ohm total, rising to over 4 ohm, and I believe they did 3500-3700 I dont recall the exact number. This fits right in to the ~1700@2 rating per amp. I ran one on a buddies pair of L7 12d2's and we did a 141.3 @ 2 ohm on the glass in his firebird with an extra battery. I dumped the ohm load to .5 and we did a 144.3 at the dash about 10 minutes after the 2 ohm load test. So, if I gained 3db from 2 ohm to .5, I theoretically should have doubled the power since everything stayed the same. 1700@2, ~3000+/- @.5, 2500 @ 1 is my guess?

Anyone make sense of that?

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I've actually been thinking of grabbing 2 to run to a 9500
I am thinking of putting one on my DD 9518 d 1.4 - @ .7 total... I think two is a bit much for a 95 series, unless yours is an f/g series or whatever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

813thumper

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
813thumper
Tampa, Florida, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date