Rockford Fosgate HE2 or KIcker Solo Baric

Well if I was going for SQ and I had to choose between the Solo's and He2's. I would go for the Solo's. They really aren't that bad of an SQ sub, but they aren't at the top of the pole with some of the other subs as far as SQ goes.

It really depends on want series the solo is .............. if its L5, they are bout the same(L5 and He2) but if your talking bout the L7, then ya cant really compare them casue it has twice the power handling.

If you compare the best of each you have the 15" HX2 with a power handling of 2000 watts and a price of 500. The Solo Baric L7 15'' with a power handling of only 1000 and a price of 450. IM still leaning toward the HX2s just because im a Fosgate man and always have been.

i dont know what specs and prices your looking at but an hx2 15 is about 300 bucks and 1200 watts peak and a L7 is 450 bucks and 2000 watts peak now if your talking about a power hx2 then the price would be 500 bucks and 2000 watts peak

Why are you all comparing peak power. Peak power has nothing to do with SQ. Take the Infinity Perfects for example 300 wRMS and they have awesome SQ, now compare them to your Power HX2 1000 wRMS, the Perfects would win the SQ contest every time, there is no comparison. On the other hand, the Hx2 will blow the Perfects out of the water in a SPL contest.

Originally posted by Phatillusion Why are you all comparing peak power. Peak power has nothing to do with SQ. Take the Infinity Perfects for example 300 wRMS and they have awesome SQ, now compare them to your Power HX2 1000 wRMS, the Perfects would win the SQ contest every time, there is no comparison. On the other hand, the Hx2 will blow the Perfects out of the water in a SPL contest.

im not comparing anything here i was just trying to correct that other persons specs on the speakers i know perfects have great sq and all that other stuff and i know my L7s have a ton of spl and alright sq

With HE2's, I've been at work and seen along with heard many stories about HE2's. These being that HE2's die a lot and often. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by Bassman_HE2 Ever heard of Crutchfield,,,check the magazine and youll know where i got my specs.
hey moron ever read the fine print in crutchfield....... kicker subs power is listed per voice coil and fosegates are listed with both coils combined and a HX2 15" sub is only 1200 watts peak and in crutchfield it is 299.95 and like i said before if you are talking about a POWER HX2 then the max is 2000 watts peak and it is 599.95 so dont tell me to look at the specs of a speaker i own when you dont even have your facts straight or know the difference between a POWER HX2 or a regular HX2 and make sure you read the little words before you tell me to look at it.

Originally posted by Eleazer With HE2's, I've been at work and seen along with heard many stories about HE2's. These being that HE2's die a lot and often. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

they wont die if you know how to use them i had my old pair for about 2 or 3 years and after all that time i still sold them for 160 bucks on ebay they are great speakers, here is a link to see them in my old setup http://members.sounddomain.com/barzee

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.