Rockford Fosgate DSR1 and Perfect Tunes setup???

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got a new Ram 2500 last week. Progressing through upgrading the audio system. Kept the factor 8.4 inch u-connect head unit. DSR1 and iDatalink installed and working. Pioneer 1000 watt 4 channel driving the four door speakers. Right now I have the factory speakers in the doors and dash waiting on delivery of some kenwood KFC-1696PS 6-1/2" for the doors and Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C for the dash corners. The dash will be driven by another pioneer 2 channel 500 watt amp. I have a JL Aduio 13.5 inch sub with Alpine m500 driving it. Thats not hooked up yet. I ran out of daylight tonight.

So I got the doors and the 4 channel pioneer amp working and now trying to understand the Perfect Tunes. I go into the Tune button (lower right corner). I make adjustments to the settings...EQ...Crossover... Nothing changes on the stereo. Bluetooth is connected. But it acts like it is not connected to the radio or DSR1. Says it is though. Am I doing it wrong? Does the adjustment happen in real time or do I need to upload the changes somehow?

Where's the freaking tutorial video to set these things up. I YouTube'ed for 2 hours and found some good tutorials for harley davidson folks. But nothing speaks of what I'm running into.

I'm not ready to mess with crossovers since the speakers are not in and no sub. But would just like to bake some basic EQ settings to make the crappy OEM speakers sound a little better while waiting for the postal guy with the new speakers.

Update

Got the sub hooked up. Made a few changes in Perfect Tunes and suddenly I had no audio. Crewed around with settings trying to get it back and it just got worse. Decided to reflash the DSR1, checked the box to overwrite everything. Plugged it back into the truck and I had crappy factory sound, but it was sound. This time all the adjustments are almost real time...half second lag. All is good in my audio world again.

Funny thing is I think the OEM speakers sound a little better. I thought they would just blow up. Right now set so that 35 on the dash volume they start to distort. Can't wait for the kenwoods. Supposed to be here this afternoon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.