rockford fosgate 1500bd amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

fireball75427
10+ year member

ok so i have a rockford 1500bd and was thinking of hookin up 2 12w7's to it but it would be a 1.5 ohm load. the amp is rated to put out 1500 rms at 2 ohm but not completely sure it would be safe to run it at 1.5 ohms. any1 on here know if the amp would be fine running at the 1.5 ohms? i know i've heard ppl do something to the amp that it could run to 1 ohm, any1 know about that also?

I wouldn't do it, I've owned a 1500bd that was rated @ 1830 watts rms @ 2 ohm's on the birth sheet and tried running it at 1 ohm @ a lil more then 1/2 gain and it would go into protect mode after 30 min.

Even at 2 ohm it gets pretty **** hot when your trying to push some beefy subs.

I've had this same amp push (2) MTX 9500's wired in 2ohm and living here in AZ it's pretty hot. During the summer time it would go into protect if I played it at full volume for more then an hour.

Amp gets a lil too hot to run it to 1.5 ohms I would not advise.

Thankx for the feed back...

that's what I thought!

I went to a Fosgate Dealer yesterday to look at there NEW bd amps, which are rated @ 1 ohm...

The dealer said that he would NOT recommend the amp @ 1 Ohm, and it's rated at that???????????????

"B"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.