Rf t1500bdcp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daddy_
10+ year member

I just had a quick question about this amp. The power wire gauge says 4AWG. Is there a way where I can have it 0 gauge? I am wanting to do the big 3 and just wanted to know if it can be done or I would ahve to get a different amp for 2 12" JL Audio W7. There going to be wired at 1.5ohm.

Um I think you might be confused the big 3 has NOTHING to do with the wire gauge the amp excepts.

Oh yea, wrong section unless you want to sell me your amp?

Can you correct me then 'm kind of a noob. What is the Power wire gauge for then and can you do 0 gauge?
well you could cut some strands off the wire or buy reducers, but the big three to clarify is from the alt to the battery from the engine block to the frame and from the battery neg to the frame this you can do in 0g and then just run a good true 4g to the amp and not worry about reducers.

well you could cut some strands off the wire or buy reducers, but the big three to clarify is from the alt to the battery from the engine block to the frame and from the battery neg to the frame this you can do in 0g and then just run a good true 4g to the amp and not worry about reducers.
Lol. Imma threadjack this shiz for a sec to ask a question that's been bugging me for a while. I know you have personally researched electrical issues, so I'll ask you while you are on the subject. Why 0 GA on the big three and four GA from the front to back? If the amperage capability of wire is dependent on length, wouldn't it make sense to do it the other way around? If you can answer that, I'd appreciate it. Been bugging me. My big three is knu ofc four GA...

Lol. Imma threadjack this shiz for a sec to ask a question that's been bugging me for a while. I know you have personally researched electrical issues, so I'll ask you while you are on the subject. Why 0 GA on the big three and four GA from the front to back? If the amperage capability of wire is dependent on length, wouldn't it make sense to do it the other way around? If you can answer that, I'd appreciate it. Been bugging me. My big three is knu ofc four GA...
truthfully it looks good other then that your right there is no real point as a good strand of 4g is just as effective as a strand of 0g when it comes down to a 3' length, now if my amps needed to draw more then 225amps of current a piece(constant on 8' runs between locks)then I would have no choice to other then to upgrade or suffer voltage issue's at the amp. But I also have two runs of 4g one to each amp with there own separate fuse blocks to reduce strain so there's no issue's on my system. I was just figuring he was hell bent on running 0g to something so I was just giving him a place to use it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Daddy_

10+ year member
Daddy_
Vancouver, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from