remcommendations...

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
Hi all. I am looking to by a 4 channel amp for my interior speakers. I have and older model infinity speakers, not sure which exact model. I have two 6x8's and 2 6.5' speaker. I can barely hear the fronts even though both of them are running from the hu. I want to get a an amp that will put about 60 to the fronts and 40-50 to the rears. I was looking around and found some lightning audio amps, ( i know of thier reputation) but i heard the gray ones were alright, and these are the gray ones. Plus, they give you rear and front Wattage. I dont want to spend much nmoney, maybe MAX $125. So do youi think it would be a better idea to get an amp that does 60 x 2 rms, and just hook the fronts up to that?

What model is the amp ? It may be 2ohm stable in stereo. Which means you could wire your speakers in parallel, and give power to all four. Check the specifications and see if it can be bridged mono. If so your in business //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

good idea.. dont waste your money on a 4 channel amp - just amp the front speakers and let the HU power the rear speakers. that way you can spend all of your allowance for a quality 2 channel amp for the front to obtain good SQ where it counts... up front!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Daniel

10+ year member
Caraudio.com
Daniel
SFLA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date