Redoing interior

Kenny Pollock
10+ year member

drag it!
Alright guys... looking for ideas.

I want to eventually redo my interior, the leather is 10 years old and needs to go. With my wall getting done soon, we're asking ourselves... how to finish it?

I want to redo/restore the interior and get the door pods, wall and amp rack to match it.

The exterior is pretty much done besides probably blackening the tail lights...

95092464_901c4bdd1d.jpg

Interior shots..

Here's the rear seats before I took them out for the wall build:

97389120_e1bbf0993c.jpg

Trunk (which I also plan on redoing)

lhsmisc%20007.jpg

The door panel where we will be doing door pods for two 6.5" mids

lhsmisc%20005.jpg

And the dash (there's a piece missing in the pic)

lhsmisc%20001.jpg

I kind of like the wood grain (although I'd buy it new from the dealer, it would look a lot better) and I'm kind of digging the contrast between the black carpet I put in and light gray leather.

The car used to look like this:

1234626378_l.jpg

I painted it black... and now the interior's gotta be redone. Give me ideas, suggestions, etc.

It looks okay... im not a fan of it. Theres this really neat vynil that looks like carbon fiber, and they use it in a lot of new cars. Maybe use a black/silver combo on the seats?
I'm going real leather for sure... just not sure of the color(s). I can two tone it and have suede inserts...
I was kind of thinking of getting the same color as stock, just brand new...

Definately nothing like the leather that comes in american cars... I find the leather used in american made cars to be rather bland, and definately not sturdy. Japanese cars have sturdier lether, and it is more appealing, but there's just not enough grain to it. I am particularly fond of the leather used in BMW's... very good quality, very pronounced grain, rich color. Do some research and try to find out what kind of leather that is...

And katzkin makes very good OEM fitment reupholsering kits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kenny Pollock

10+ year member
drag it!
Kenny Pollock
Hollywood, Florida Low: Yes
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date