Recently moved from Hawaii to NY...Any bassheads near Albany?

#1Tunna
10+ year member

Papio Slayer
Back home you hear bass or loud music almost everywhere you go, i guess you could say its something people are used to so its not something that you get weird looks for. Recently moved to Clifton Park NY in August with my gf and our pup and ive probably only heard bass twice since moving here, no joke. Im not used to this and honestly it feels kindy "dry" around here, im seriously having withdrawals:(. I have yet to install a system into our car. Been trying to piece together a simple system, at first thought i might find at least a few quality things on craigslist but boy was i wrong, nothing but mainstream crap and walmart garbage around this area. So im glad that forums like this exist. Brought a few of my car audio things with me (880prs, 1/0 wiring/fuses/etc, Arc ks1000.1) but i still need a comp set, amp to run them, wiring for that amp and a single 10 or 12 plus enclosure. Now this may sound simple to you and really it is, but not for someone who is new to the state/mainland and knows no one and has no connections.

It would make me feel a lot better to know there are others like me around here and meet them, i think a few demos would be a good temporary fix until i get my system installed:)

Back home you hear bass or loud music almost everywhere you go, i guess you could say its something people are used to so its not something that you get weird looks for. Recently moved to Clifton Park NY in August with my gf and our pup and ive probably only heard bass twice since moving here, no joke. Im not used to this and honestly it feels kindy "dry" around here, im seriously having withdrawals:(. I have yet to install a system into our car. Been trying to piece together a simple system, at first thought i might find at least a few quality things on craigslist but boy was i wrong, nothing but mainstream crap and walmart garbage around this area. So im glad that forums like this exist. Brought a few of my car audio things with me (880prs, 1/0 wiring/fuses/etc, Arc ks1000.1) but i still need a comp set, amp to run them, wiring for that amp and a single 10 or 12 plus enclosure. Now this may sound simple to you and really it is, but not for someone who is new to the state/mainland and knows no one and has no connections.
It would make me feel a lot better to know there are others like me around here and meet them, i think a few demos would be a good temporary fix until i get my system installed:)
i go to school almost an hour west of Albany

im bout 3hrs away, could be its like buffalo and they ticketing hard for it..
i personally haven't received a ticket yet (knock on wood), but i always make sure i turn my bass down at stop lights or when passing a cop. the thruway is where they'll pull you over for anything though.

[quote name='ge_off_me']@SPLaudio is around that area iirc.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Great to know because ive been needing a recone for my SI Mag V3.

[quote name='dejesu']i go to school almost an hour west of Albany[/QUOTE]

If your ever around my area and dont mind showing off your system just give me a holla.

[quote name='SPLaudio']im bout 3hrs away, could be its like buffalo and they ticketing hard for it..[/QUOTE]

Idk what it is but its really quiet around here, uncomfortable quiet.

[quote name='dejesu']i personally haven't received a ticket yet (knock on wood), but i always make sure i turn my bass down at stop lights or when passing a cop. the thruway is where they'll pull you over for anything though.[/QUOTE]

***** to know that they will pull you over on the thruway for that, i always thought that anywhere not near homes our a lot of people would be the more accepted place to play it loud. And yeah even back home i do my best to avoid tickets so here ill be even more on my toes about it, i dont really turn it down at stops back home but i do turn it down when near cops and i always look in all directions before i turn it up just to be safe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.