real quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

coledawg
10+ year member

Where the Hell am I?
Macon,GA
so i am prolly gonna buy some of the PG RSDs that have been raved on this forum as my front stage i was thinking about putting like 125 rms at them because apperently u need at least a hundread to get the true sound from these, but i heard that some of the tweeters have blown because of this. Should i run like 75rms or like 100 plus looking for what amp to buy

If you have a 4 channel amp, run them active. ~75 rms for the tweets, ~100+ for the mids... just an idea.

The mids seem to handle a lot more power, but 75 watts on each tweeter is going to be pleny loud for one set of comps

If you have a 4 channel amp, run them active. ~75 rms for the tweets, ~100+ for the mids... just an idea.
The mids seem to handle a lot more power, but 75 watts on each tweeter is going to be pleny loud for one set of comps
Just FYI, most people don't run active.

To OP, just let the crossovers do the work for you. Unless you want to go active, which takes time to learn and what not. I am thinking about it, but reading up on before I try it. Plus you have to have a cable deck to do so.

I say send them 75rms a piece and will be fine. That is what I am sending and I am blown away by the sound of them. Very clean, crisp and not to harsh of tweets.

If you want, read my review, which is a couple under this thread.

Again I just do not understand the HUGE boner on this forum for these speakers. This thread alone shows they are vulnerable because of inferior tweets. IF I AM SPENDING MY HARD EARNED CASH I EXPECT the speakers I am buying to be quality from mids to tweets to crossovers. I shouldnt have to go through all of the B.S. to have quality. There are PLENTY of comp sets out there for not much more cash that are RELIABLE and just as crisp. Its almost as if someone from rodin is so over hyping these average a** speakers to get sales up. Again YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Lets just see the reviews on these in a yr!

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301

Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange

Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

It depends on what you are willing to spend If you are willing to spend around $150 to $250 there are some decent sets out there. My personal preferance is CDT Audio. If you shop around you might pick up a set of last yrs HD's for a couple of hundred bucks but there entry level CL series are rockin to and can be had for $150 or so. I have also heard good things about RE audio's comps they are new to comps but there subs are really good. Memphis puts out a decent comp as well. I think the thing to do is take a to some local dealers and listen to a few sets see what apeals to your ears. I did research for a yr before I bought 1 piece of my system. The point of the first post was to say do not be ****** in by exagerated hype. The RSD's arent bad speakers they do sound decent but they have there downfalls to. There are better to be had for not much more cash! There are also a select few on here that are really know there sh** that will give you good advice. PM me for that info.

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

ood advice. PM me for that info.

It depends on what you are willing to spend If you are willing to spend around $150 to $250 there are some decent sets out there. My personal preferance is CDT Audio. If you shop around you might pick up a set of last yrs HD's for a couple of hundred bucks but there entry level CL series are rockin to and can be had for $150 or so. I have also heard good things about RE audio's comps they are new to comps but there subs are really good. Memphis puts out a decent comp as well. I think the thing to do is take a to some local dealers and listen to a few sets see what apeals to your ears. I did research for a yr before I bought 1 piece of my system. The point of the first post was to say do not be ****** in by exagerated hype. The RSD's arent bad speakers they do sound decent but they have there downfalls to. There are better to be had for not much more cash! There are also a select few on here that are really know there sh** that will give you good advice. PM me for that info.

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

ood advice. PM me for that info.

Listen Pal, all I see from you is basically *****ing and moaning over the PG speakers. Have you ever heard them? If not, then STFU! If you have, then that your personal prefrence and the term what sounds good to me, might not sound good to you comes into mind.

Yes, they are a huge boner, due to their wicked prices on them at certain online places. So what is so wrong with wanting to save some money?

I have these and I was skeptical as well as reading some great reviews and then not so great reviews. This componet set sounds really good and I just put them in with out much tweaking. Can't do that with a lot of sets. I have also had high end Focal lines, MB Quarts Q series and cheaper lines, Alpine SPX's and many others and these PG Rsd's sound just as good as my Q series Quarts, which are my favorite.

Only thing I am concerned with, is how long they last. I am not going to send them twice the recommended power like some of these people are. I have 75rms to them and sound great on all the music I have had put to them in the short time.

Is understandable you don't like them for whatever reason. Seems like you just want to bash to bash. So I will bash you. The bighair band days died in the late 80's and 90's. I betcha you still rock that mullett you think is cool, huh Bret Michaels.

Have a nice day tard.

Listen Pal, all I see from you is basically *****ing and moaning over the PG speakers. Have you ever heard them? If not, then STFU! If you have, then that your personal prefrence and the term what sounds good to me, might not sound good to you comes into mind.
Yes, they are a huge boner, due to their wicked prices on them at certain online places. So what is so wrong with wanting to save some money?

I have these and I was skeptical as well as reading some great reviews and then not so great reviews. This componet set sounds really good and I just put them in with out much tweaking. Can't do that with a lot of sets. I have also had high end Focal lines, MB Quarts Q series and cheaper lines, Alpine SPX's and many others and these PG Rsd's sound just as good as my Q series Quarts, which are my favorite.

Only thing I am concerned with, is how long they last. I am not going to send them twice the recommended power like some of these people are. I have 75rms to them and sound great on all the music I have had put to them in the short time.

Is understandable you don't like them for whatever reason. Seems like you just want to bash to bash. So I will bash you. The bighair band days died in the late 80's and 90's. I betcha you still rock that mullett you think is cool, huh Bret Michaels.

Have a nice day tard.
I dont want to overtake the posters thread but let me just say if you read my thread I said they are a decent speaker but WAY OVER RATED! They may sound great but if they fry in less than a yr then they are JUNK!!! So take your juvenile a** comments about the music I like and F off. Maybe you can ask mommy and daddy to spend more of there hard earned money on your unk a** since you obviously do not know the value of the dollar! I was listening to true rock when you were still on the tit!

I dont want to overtake the posters thread but let me just say if you read my thread I said they are a decent speaker but WAY OVER RATED! They may sound great but if they fry in less than a yr then they are JUNK!!! So take your juvenile a** comments about the music I like and F off. Maybe you can ask mommy and daddy to spend more of there hard earned money on your unk a** since you obviously do not know the value of the dollar! I was listening to true rock when you were still on the tit!
Hey dumbass, I am going on 32.

Also how is spending 80 god dam dollars on some budget speakers a waste if they last only a year anyway?

**** I spend 50 in my 4cylinder focus ST to fill it up right now.

So 80 bucks on a componet set is no skin of my balls you old fart!

You must be one of those god dam penny pinchers and has walked around in the same sandles for the last 10 years picking up scraps off the streets.

Head my way way sometime. Maybe I will throw my speakers at yeah and you can have a listen!

I talked about your hair band music and you came back with some momma comments. Yeah buddy, I betcha, your a huge hit around your area. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.