Re Xxx Vs Dd Mids/highs

Owners1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm not sure of the model name for the DD mids/highs so I will just call them that.. I know there are millions of these threads but im looking into getting some better mids/highs for my truck. I'm using a Sundown 100.4 amp with a pair of Trc.6n's right now and some soundstream sst5.25s in the back

I was wondering which of the three would actually be better? I'm sure the ones I have now don't compare to the RE's or DD's so it's probably between those two.

Also, I know the RE XXX mids don't come in a 5.25 form and the DD do so I would probably have to mix and match or only get one set altogether. What do you guys think? thanks

Also, mounting depth won't be a problem.

wow i had some and liked them very much well i had the mids and tweets ran active sooo.DD's i meant..
Active doesnt magically make a speaker sound better. Its not like some kind of magical SQ toggle switch you flip. The speaker has the same sound, you just pick what frequencies it plays.

What about the new xxx neo?
Havent heard them.

hey, I was just looking at the new RE XXX neos. Would one pair of those be louder and cleaner than my 6.5 Soundstreams in the front and 5.25s in the back?

Also, Would my amp be able to give them 200 watts each?

It's a sundown sax 100.4

Well if you like the sound of nails on a chalkboard then you will love the sound of the DD tweeters.
Crossovers and EQ's are your friend.

The DD 28T's can sound VERY good for the price. I ran the 6.5C component set active on a c4a and it was amazing (for the price). Yes you can get better, but for the retail price...I dare you to try.

The DDA's are a totally different animal. Its like sex...w/ a magnet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.