Re se/x

Participant count
  • Participant list

slim j
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca.com
Back when I first joined this forum it seemed like everyone ran RE equipment. The RE MT was the cream of the crop. Now it seems like no one is running RE. I was looking at equipment and come across this sub. Has anyone ran it?

I have about 800w to work with at 1 ohm. I am interested in running one 15" sub (ported or sealed, doesn't matter). My budget is around $200. Just looking for a daily beater sub...no interest in SQ or SPL comps.

Why do they blow? I recall they there were merging with US AMPS. I am not sure if that ever happened or not.

Is it just overpriced?

No, they are chinese trash. They try their best to cut back on production costs and then you run into a lot of mechanical failures. 99% of the sub is plastic as well

Well that's that then I guess. I could not find that one fellowing selling the SA-15s in the classifieds.

Well that's that then I guess. I could not find that one fellowing selling the SA-15s in the classifieds.
May be word on the street, might just need to PM him, I'd say run old RE if everyone says its so bad/plastic I hear old RE is good.

old RE is good if you can find one to snatches. new stuff is just as bad as new rockford stuff. junk.

get ahold of the guys at skar or obsidian and ask for b-stock. sometimes you can get a new woofer with some glue on the cap for 100shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slim j

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
slim j
ca.com
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date