Re Se 12"

Bay Area
10+ year member

Hi there, I used to be active on these forums about a year ago and am just now getting interested in car audio again. I am going to put a rather entry level subwoofer system into a 2002 Acura TL and I was wondering what would be a suitable sub for this. I'm just looking for something basic, yet with enough boom so that one can tell it is not stock. I would say "SQL" but I know how vague that can be so I'll just say I am leaning towards SPL.

Long story short, is a RE SE 12" a good choice for an entry level subwoofer?

Thanks

Elliot

RLp isnt entry level //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

SEs are awesome for just startin out.

So for an amplifier that would pair well with the SE, would a Hifonics NX600 be a viable option? Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Elliot

depends, what ohm load does the amp make power @? the SE is a dual 4ohm VC setup leavin u with either a 8 or 2ohm final load. Anything from 500-800watts @2ohm is what ur lookin for.

I got an SE 12 in my truck just wasting away, no amp or a cd player at the moment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ahh yes I'm beginning to remember now. Yeah so scratch the NX600 - its 600 into 4 ohms or 2x300 into 2 ohms. What were you using originally for your SE if you had it running?

Thanks

Elliot

edit: OK, how about a Phoenix Gold Octane-R 8.0:1? Its 800w at 2 ohms.

Wow that Xenon 600.1 looks pretty nice maybe I'll go for that... but I'm still wondering if the PG Octane-R 8.0:1 would be a viable option? It seems cheaper anyways and I'm just looking for something that works.

Thanks!

Elliot

If you want you could go with the Octane 15.0.1. With the 15 you will get a 1000wrms @ 2Ohms. You can go with any of them. I will tell you that the X600.1 in under rated it will do 800-850wrms trust me you will be happy with any of them.

OK instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask it here. Would an Image Dynamics IDQ12" be comparable? Better or worse? It'll cost me about half the price, which would be pretty clutch.

Thanks

Elliot

OK instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask it here. Would an Image Dynamics IDQ12" be comparable? Better or worse? It'll cost me about half the price, which would be pretty clutch.
Thanks

Elliot
Anyone? I'm trying to avoid making a new thread. haha so please, any opinions are welcome!

Thanks

Elliot

Better SQ, not better outputThe SE would murder it
How about in 1.5 ft^3 ported to 34 Hz? Also, I only plan on giving the sub 5-600w probably and def not more than 800w. So would it even matter that the SE can handle more power? I think the IDQ12" Dual4 is rated at 89.9 sensitivity while the SE is 86.1 or something. Wouldn't that mean that the IDQ is more efficient with less wattage? I'm just wondering.

Thanks

Elliot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bay Area

10+ year member
Bay Area
San Francisco
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from