RE HC 15 deal?

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
There is a local here that is selling a RE HC 15" dual 2ohm with a 3.5c box and a blown hifonics 1500 do you guys think this is a fair deal at 200? Let me know what you guys think It would be going in a toyota 4runner and I think i would probobly try picking up a second one and run them both off my 2500d.

Ive got amps and cash and electrical upgrades all taken care of just need subs and a new boxx. I was recently using some treo csx subs but not as impressed with them as I thought maybe because I only had each on a 2500d but I expected more. Will I be more happy with maybe two HCs on a 2500d or even 4 HCs on 2 2500ds. Let me know your guys opinion I want loud but still be able to hear a little music. THanks

anyone think I could find another one for a decent price or are they hard to come by, also someone on here once claimed the HC as the predessesor to the MT it doesnt seem anything alike though is this really like an MT? The HC sounds like it maxs at about 1500rms and is only rated at 1000-1200 rm. Would it be worth just waiting for something else out there I have a bunch of money but wanna spend it wisly.

The price is actually very good. That motor alone retails for 100 bucks. I would not care much for the blown amp since it may be cheaper to just get the same one used online. That is rather than fixing it.

both for 420? great deal... HCs are good subs, but nothing like MTs... and they are discontinued so if you're planning on having 4, i'd go with MTs or something that's easier to find....

both for 420? great deal... HCs are good subs, but nothing like MTs... and they are discontinued so if you're planning on having 4, i'd go with MTs or something that's easier to find....
why would you want to use a sub that sounds like **** over a sub that sounds really nice?

This has almost nothing to do with the subwoofer selection. FYI
Well I guess I was basing this off of my last sub selection which was two 15" CSX. I tried four different sub enclosures with them and they werent terrible but I would more quality out of my sub. I'm guessing my big issue with the CSx's was the fact that they didnt really move a ton until I gave them about 2000wrms each and when I did they were like overpowering the music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.