RCA voltage split question

Okay Long story short I fucked up and ordered the wrong impedance subwoofers. (yes I know dumb and stupid) I want to go down to 1 ohm and ordered 2 dual 2 ohm sundown zv5s. Can only go down to .5 ohm or 2 ohm. (this is where I was kicking my self in the face for not doing more reading). Anyways i found an alternative (because i really dont wanna go to .5 ohm because to me its just too risky). What i did was a bought 2 crescendo bc3500 and will be wiring each sub to its own amp. Box is going to have seperate air chambers for each sub tuned to 30 hz to account for bass cancellation. I will be gain matching each of the amps. My question is is if I split the mono channel coming from my headunit with y adapters do I lose significant voltage going to the amps? Will I have to crank the gains on the amps to get satisfying volume? Or should I just daisy chain the amps together. (Main rca going from headunit to first monoblock then rcas going from the output of that amp to the input of the other)? Do i need a line driver to boost the rca voltage to account for the y adapter split?

Thanks.

Can't return the subs or are they custom ordered? Could always sell them off then use that $$ to buy the right impedance ones. I did that with my x15....bought wrong impedance one and sold it, used the $$ to buy right one.

I would put both subs in the enclosure. What vehicle they going into? @Buck can help with design.

Yeah I can definitely do you a design.

Can those amps be strapped together? And usually you don't have to do a split, most amps that I've seen have input and output RCA's, idk if those amps do though

Yeah I can definitely do you a design.
Can those amps be strapped together? And usually you don't have to do a split, most amps that I've seen have input and output RCA's, idk if those amps do though
Yeah they do have input and output for rcas. But some people have told me y adapters work better. Which is why I am trying to figure out the best route.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Can't return the subs or are they custom ordered? Could always sell them off then use that $$ to buy the right impedance ones. I did that with my x15....bought wrong impedance one and sold it, used the $$ to buy right one.

I would put both subs in the enclosure. What vehicle they going into? @Buck can help with design.[/QUOTE]

Nah cant return them. Selling them would be too much work in my opinion. My original route was to buy 2 d1 subs wire them to one ohm then by a sundown scv 7500 but that didnt happen unfortunately lol. Going in a 1999 Jeep cherokee sport

I'd just do like mentioned above and wire to 2ohms strap the bc3500s and each one will see a final load of 1ohm
Is there any real benefit to strapping them? Like I saw in a video finally that the y adapter does not decrease the voltage coming from head unit. It was the same from the main rcas and on the y adapter after it. So like is there any negatives to just running each sub on their own amp and working to one ohm. I will admit that I am over my head but this is what I wanna get into and im trying to learn the best I can.

By strapping you eliminate the need to gain match and just use the settings of the master to control the slave amp. I personly would strap them given the option, while others will say gain match is better, in the end it's your call. If your newer to car Audio it might be easier to strap two than to gain match.

Nah cant return them. Selling them would be too much work in my opinion. My original route was to buy 2 d1 subs wire them to one ohm then by a sundown scv 7500 but that didnt happen unfortunately lol. Going in a 1999 Jeep cherokee sport

BS. Your just lazy. Posting an ad on CL or Offerup is as simple as it gets. I've sold many items between both.

BS. Your just lazy. Posting an ad on CL or Offerup is as simple as it gets. I've sold many items between both.
FVCK that selling shlt svcks everyone will offer you $200 less then your asking price or want to trade you a blown something and $50 cash... I'm so sick of dealing with CL

FVCK that selling shlt svcks everyone will offer you $200 less then your asking price or want to trade you a blown something and $50 cash... I'm so sick of dealing with CL
You do it for a living----what's the problem?

You do it for a living----what's the problem?
It's frustrating

It's a hassle

U wait on people to show up and they never do

Have to deal with dumb people over text and phone calls

I had a set of 20" rims n tires off my buddies Hhr. I have them up for $400 which is a good deal for just the rims, 1yr old powder coat job on them lol. I told some guy $250 come get them because he wanted them so bad and all he has is $250... he never showed up after a few days of I'll come tomorrow, oh I get paid tomorrow just excuse after excuse. I finally just blocked his number cuz ain't no one got time for that. That's was just the most recent one I felt with.

It's frustratingIt's a hassle

U wait on people to show up and they never do

Have to deal with dumb people over text and phone calls

I had a set of 20" rims n tires off my buddies Hhr. I have them up for $400 which is a good deal for just the rims, 1yr old powder coat job on them lol. I told some guy $250 come get them because he wanted them so bad and all he has is $250... he never showed up after a few days of I'll come tomorrow, oh I get paid tomorrow just excuse after excuse. I finally just blocked his number cuz ain't no one got time for that. That's was just the most recent one I felt with.
Was just messin' with ya...no hard feelings. I had a o/s PG 2 ch amp I just recently sold and was on CL for awhile. No **** when I tell you this....some guy actually had the balls to ask me how many ch the amp has. I posted 3 clear pics and a very short description with power ratings on it. That's it. I emailed him back saying you cannot be serious, because how am I supposed to know people phucking with me right?! Nope...he got offended real quick and I let him have it. You don't know, then the amp ain't for you. Blocked his email right away. So I feel ya....some people are dumb/stupid/retarded. I actually hade a few peeps email me from far away as HI...like really. Why waste my time?!

I ad some guy answer one C/L ad I posted with a seriously thick foreign accent... saying that IF he got my address someone would be there shortly to get the item.. and would leave a check for $600 on a $200 item... oh BTW I was supposed to accept a check drawn from a Nigerian bank... LOL!.. Yeah C/L can be difficult... reselling ALWAYS brings a loss with it... unless you're really lucky...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.