Rattles

opeefasho
10+ year member

SATX
Yeah everybody who has subs gets rattles, but I'm not getting any clean bass due to it. Custom Sounds "a car audio shop" recommended me to do the whole car of course, that's including the trunk, doors, and roof for $500 or just the trunk it's self for $150.

In somebody's honest opinion which one these options are worth doing?

If you can get the entire car for $500 including product and install that's not a bad deal. Taking off every interior panel and putting it back is a pain and takes quite a few hours to do properly.

See how much just the deadener is and see if it's worth doing it yourself. My local shop did my roof, floor and behind my amp wall. I did my doors. If Chevy doors weren't so easy to take off and put on, they would have done that too.

If you can get the entire car for $500 including product and install that's not a bad deal. Taking off every interior panel and putting it back is a pain and takes quite a few hours to do properly.
See how much just the deadener is and see if it's worth doing it yourself. My local shop did my roof, floor and behind my amp wall. I did my doors. If Chevy doors weren't so easy to take off and put on, they would have done that too.
The deadener they're using is Hushmat, did some research on it and it's pretty good stuff he even showed me a demo car in the shop with it on the doors, floor, engine hood, car door, and trunk. They're selling the entire car kit for $299 + 180 for labor and tax of course

The deadener they're using is Hushmat, did some research on it and it's pretty good stuff he even showed me a demo car in the shop with it on the doors, floor, engine hood, car door, and trunk. They're selling the entire car kit for $299 + 180 for labor and tax of course
I'd say that's a decent deal. 180 would be worth the trouble to me not to do it myself. You just have to ask yourself if it's worth it to you.

Adding vibration damper to the floor isn't going to improve anything for an Altima. Getting to the floor requires removing virtually everything in the car. A body shop would charge you close to 8 hours labor just to get to the floor and put everything back together. I'm just pointing this out because the combination of the treatment of the floor not accomplishing much and the time involved to do it makes me think the floor probably isn't part of the package.

Adding vibration damper to the floor isn't going to improve anything for an Altima. Getting to the floor requires removing virtually everything in the car. A body shop would charge you close to 8 hours labor just to get to the floor and put everything back together. I'm just pointing this out because the combination of the treatment of the floor not accomplishing much and the time involved to do it makes me think the floor probably isn't part of the package.
depends on the year... on my 01 I can get to the floor really quickly.. front two seats, pop up plastics on the edges and then pull up the carpet..

also op it depends on what type of rattles you have.. My sunglasses holders and map lights rattled so I put some speaker gasket foam on em and it stopped them..
Sorry for the late reply lol, I went to the larger Custom Sounds store and they got rid of it. My brake lights in the backseat was hitting the back window, they ended up putting some pads on it and put some hushmat in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

opeefasho

10+ year member
opeefasho
SATX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from