rattle?

gator01
10+ year member

what is the best way 2 install the subs into the back of a car so that it doesn't rattle? i heard a guy out by my house showin off his subs and it sounded like **** from the outside cuz all u can hear is the rattle? is there n/e better way 2 install so it will sound better? thanks

What do you mean your subs are rattling don't you mean the trunk is rattling, subs wont rattle, when there in a box, they might move around, but the only reason your hear rattling is the trunk. But i was reading a crutchfield magazine and they were talking about the spray stuff that you spray around in your trunk, and it will lower the rattleing or completely take the rattling away, i dont know anyone that owns that kind of stuff, but it seemed pretty cheap. If you get ahold of a crutchfield magazine its like the part after the subwoofers.

Dynamat does not relieve trunk rattle. I was listening to a guy come in to Quality Auto Sound all mad b/c he had paid them some absud amount of money to deck his entire car out with dynamat, and he still had bad trunk rattle. I think what Dynamat is mean to do is alieviate road noise, which it does a perfect job at.

I did my whole car and trunk with dynamat and the only way to get rid of rattle is to tighten the latch down on your trunk lid

hey this may sound stupid but what i used in my car to eliminate the interior rattling is that spray insulating foam. that foam in a can for windows i packed the plastic interior stuff in the car with the foam and i hae no rattle what so ever it is the cleanest thing

IN MY CAR I USED FIBER FILL AND SOFT FOAM. THE ONLY TIME I HEAR ANY SLIGHT THING IN WHEN ITS LIKE 10 BELOW. TURN THE SYSTEM TO A REASONABLE LEVEL AND PULL/PUSH/AND HOLD ANY THING THAT RATTLES. IF IT CANT BE TIGHTEND. TAKE UP THE EXTRA SPACE WITH A FILLER.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.