Rare 89/90 SoundStream MC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

wew lad
5,000+ posts

wew lad inc
VA
Item(s) for Sale:

SoundStream made some of the top of the line amplifiers back in the day, this was at the top in power output back in 89/90. MRSP on these amps was $1300, they have high quality components throughout. The fins on this amp are unreal! BigDWiz talks about this amp on his website and youtube: Old School Stereo: Old School Soundstream MC500 Car Audio Amplifier

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Manual available here:

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/sa_mc_d_class%20a/mc500/mc500.pdf

Amp is fully functional, tested both Channel A and B. Relay clicks on, both lights illuminate, and the amplifier outputs clean signal. I pulled the back panel off to check the internals and they're exactly the same as other MC500 internals I've seen. This amplifier has both bottom plugs, and all the set screws are present and operable, really rare to find a complete amp. Backplate screws went in and out like pie, none are stripped.

Cosmetically it is clearly 25 years old. It could be cleaned up more or even repainted if you desire, the resale value would increase.

Price:

$500 shipped in the continental US.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

insurance and shipping included in price

Item Pictures:

YFuYs31.jpg

8L68IR4.jpg

xY435Wv.jpg

1tfq8AF.jpg

Fu9ggUh.jpg

ehc2yh0.jpg

gfUV2SW.jpg

htFPvuT.jpg

hrYvMwD.jpg

[#IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z6MoC8i.jpg[/img] lol too much? ill add this pic in the comments

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Username and date in picssz
lol get out of here, ^^^this guy comes to my state, and my city, and takes oldschool amps out of the local pawnshops without telling me haha mike is not to be trusted

here, made this just for my bae jeff on CACO

FCPfc7e.jpg

looks rebuilt, no? still an awesome amp! drools..
as far as i know, no. the caps maybe were replaced but i kind of doubt it, comparing it to bigdwiz's mc500 it looks exactly the same.

out of curiosity, what did you think looked rebuilt? I don't think it would change the value, but id like to know what looks that way

How did you come across this amp?
purchased locally from someone who I was told had this amp since it was purchased originally, whether or not its true is up in the air but i trust the guys who told me that.

accepting trades of big mono amps, 3-5k, 8 channel dsps (or 2 4ch), nice big class AB 4 channel or 2 channel amps, and all other oldschool equipment generally pre 00.

the trade will need to be heavy on my end for it to be worthwhile, my preference is and has been cash, but if this is more feasible to you feel free to hit me up with a PM

seen this on craigslist no?
nope, not listed on craigslist. if its the same pics its someone stealing my pics so be careful. the only cragslist this will be on is in FL and its not listed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...