Rainbow SLC 6.5" 2-way component question.

Good*Bad*Ugly
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Hey, I have a question about the sound I am getting from these. It seems to me like all the sound is coming from my tweeters which are mounted up on the dash, and my mids, which are in the doors, dont seem to be doing much at all, there is NO midbass coming from them, and barely any sound for that matter. I was thinking the shop that installed them messed up on the crossovers or something, anyway, any input appreciated, thank you.

well if the crossovers are anything like my old rainbows there were 3 settings for the tweeter level, and if they put it at 0db that would defently be too high..

these are hooked up to the passive crossovers? I would take it back to the shop as it's either a problem with the driver itself, the crossover, or their wiring. If they wired it wrong, make em fix it. Any problems with the equipment should be covered under warranty.

Unfortunately to do any justice to comps you have to do it yourself or pay $100 a door which even then they would not know how to do it. It ***** but take two weekends and read up on the install and get the tools and foam and deadner and do it yourself. It takes about 4-8 hrs a door but man once you do it it well worth it. Have the shops install amp kits but that is about it.

Thanks a lot for all the great input, I am never going back to that shop again, not just because of this, but they are just lazy there and am never happy with their work. I think I will do some reading and see if I can't fix it myself. Thanks again.

Yea no doubt read up and do it yourself. I had the same issue when I installed mine, just make sure everything is wired up properly, all your settings are set correctly, and experiment with all the settings on the Xover, until you get it to a way you like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.