Radio wont shut off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Louie22

Boston
Folks,

Need some help. I have an Alpine 103bt in my Dodge Ram. Also connected inline to the wire harness is the Alpine KTP 445 "plug and play" amplifier.

Last week I attempted to install a 12" sub and 1000 watt monoblock amp, when the issue I am currently facing arose.

My radio (like many today) is supposed to stay on, even with the ignition off, until someone opens a door. Unfortunately, after fiddling with the system last week, my radio currently will not turn off, even when the ignition is off (or door open). I have to remember to manually shut off the radio.

I'd like some input into how I can diagnose this. I assume it is a bad wiring problem, and will check the wires. Reading the pinout I cannot figure out which wire drives this function. Is it the battery, ignition, or remote?

Would appreciate some insight on how else I can diagnose this problem. I have removed the fuse from the mono block amp, removed the KTP-445, and the issue still remains.

TL;DR : Radio won't shut off, I need to manually shut off. Which wire controls the off function of the headunit?

Also connected inline to the wire harness is the Alpine KTP 445 "plug and play" amplifier.
What does that mean?

The power is switched by some power control module in the vehicle. Sounds like you have constant power hooked up to the HU instead of the switched power.

is it a RAM with the BUS system where you had to buy an expensive harness to get switched power...if this is the case, if that Alpine Power Pack wired in before the harness to the vehicle or after?

CivicGti,

It is a ram, with that adapter.

I believe The power pack is wired in after the harness.

Curious to understand what you're getting at.

Also- I have a new issue arise. I can't seem to get the RCA outputs on the headunit to work. I know the RCA inputs on the amp I have are not bad, as I have test thru a Ipod with a Y adapter.

What are some typical ways to diagnose an issue with preamp outputs on a headunit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Louie22

Louie22
Boston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Louisiana_CRX