Radio start-up issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Muches

Hi I am having a strange issue with my radio. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it is pretty annoying. So my problem is that when I turn my car on my radio will sometimes take a while to turn on. The display on the radio flashes for a moment then turns off. Around 6 seconds later it would either do it again or turn on (Sometimes it will do it another 2-3 times). When it does turn on correctly, it is on within 6 seconds. That is the only problem I am having, after the radio is on, everything works fine. My car is a 2007 Chevy cobalt and the radio is a JBL legend CP100. Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03 Wiring Interface, is the harness I am using to retain chimes.

I have already checked all the wires, and I couldn't find anything loose. (Not sure if this is worth noting, but both the radio and chime harness get constant power from the same wire, and also use the same ground wire. Also the harness is what supplies the ACC power).

My previous radio was also an aftermarket radio and it turned on fine. The only difference was that I used a normal radio adapter harness, that did not retain chimes. So I had to draw ACC power elsewhere.

I also did notice that after a drive, if I turn on car again within a few minutes the radio starts up quickly.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Muches

Muches
Garden Grove, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Muches