Quick question referring to power output

Participant count
  • Participant list

Teerunky

Alright, im pretty much what you would call a noob at car audio, so i need a little help. Im looking to install 2 10" subwoofers in my trunk powered by a 1000w amplifier. On my amp it says 1000w max power and 185W per channel. Does this mean if i turn it up to max power the subs will only achieve 185W a piece? Im asking because each of my subs say the RMS is 190W.

Here is my setup im looking to get, i already have the amp, but the subs have yet to be purchased:

2 RFX10D4 10"

GTX-XM-GTX1821 1000W sony xplod

Also, with that amp what would be the best option for subs, power, etc.?

Thanks,

-Teerunky

sonys are horrible amps with HIGHLY inflated numbers, on it's best day that amp won't do 185 a channel. but to answer your question yes if the system where set up correctly and the amp was quality the rms or constant output would be 185w at whatever ohm load it states.

I would return it, look around pawnshops and on C.L. and see if you can grab something like a used kicker or RF possibly a memphis I see these brands all day on there and you know they will take half what there asking! don't rush look around you'll find something better then that sony, heck the only way you could do worse is if it says pyramid on it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.