Question about CDT's and wiring..

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got 6.5" CDT components up front, the cl-61's I think. They're rated for 90w RMS... I've currently got them powered off the front channels of a Soundstream Rubi 5 channel amp. The sub will be off the 5th channel, and I was saving the rear channels for the future rear fill speakers. The amp is rated at 40-45w RMS to the non-sub channels each @ 4ohms. My question is whether the front channels should be bridged to 85-90w each to the CDT components, and just run the rear fills off the Clarion 835MP headunit, or leave it alone and run the future rear fills (which will be 4" coax CDTS) off the amp as well.... I've got a Miata, so no room for larger rears....

thanks, ed

bridge the front 2 channels for the comps. u can try rear fill with the h/u but with higher volumes they might distort. but its up to u on the rearfill but i'd bridge the amp for the comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.