pyramid

Participant count
  • Participant list

CPatty10
10+ year member

I know pyramid is generic, but are they unreliable or cheaply constructed? I was thinking about putting a 800 watt amp in my car and I was wondering if pyramid would be the name to go with, if I wanted to go cheap? Im powering a vega 12 that has 800watts max. Or should I go with a smaller amp? Pease Reply. Thanks.

If u bought an eight hundred watt amp you would be over powering your sub and you might blow it out. I would purchase an amp that put out four-hundred watts. From what i hear, pyramid amps are way over rated and cheaply constructed, but it's all personal preference. if you wanted something that puts out clean power, lots o' options, and good looks your going to pay more. If you just want your **** to bump, you'll be fine with the amp.

If you want cheap go with sony, you might also check into JBL. Don't worry about overpowering your subs, as long as the gains are set properly, and you don't abuse the volume you'll be fine. I've even seen a few Jensen amps that weren't that bad. JBL would definitely be the best of the three affordable amps I mentioned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.