Putting a Pc and Printer in Astro Van???

Participant count
  • Participant list
u have a shop and cant install a computer or a **** printer in a car?????thats sad
No I do not have a shop but I can do basic installs. I have never installed a pc before so it would be great to learn.

power inverter and a place far away from subs.
why are you doing this? to have a mobile office?
Yes I would like to be mobile all the way. I would like to be able to print invoices and such with out doing it from home. This way I am able to keep my business away from my personal house.

No I do not have a shop but I can do basic installs. I have never installed a pc before so it would be great to learn.
oh ok well you need a power inverter obviously and some sort of padding/console to house the computer to keep the vibrations down if you want/ manage the wires nicely and make sure the computer has ventilation.

my friends dad's roofing company has the computer towers doubled as the center console in their trucks, maybe you could make it fit as a center console

well, get a big enough inverter to run everything and a safe place to put it so magnets don't wipe it, secure everything down and roll out

Thank you guys for all the responses. I do have a normal pc and laptop. I may just take the laptop apart since when I got it it was in like 1000 peaces and just section each part of it in a location well vented. I plan on making the back of the van a work station with all my tools and harnesses ect.. I need. Keeping a low stock so if some prick does decide to break into the van I wont be out to much. The middle may be a work station for office things like pc and possible a demo section selling speakers and units haven't thought that one out yet.

But thank you for the reply's.

Best route for me was to get a power invertor so i did. I got one with 1000watts and 2000watt max output for 55.79 shipped and if thats not enough I have another 600 watt at the house doing nothing so cool.

It would be cool to purchase the whole set up from that mp3 site but the touch screen monitors get pretty hight for a nice big screen so that was out of the question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.