Project Red Dragon

looks good. wish i had some car audio enthusiasts to hang out with and help out when i need it around here. u might want to reconsider mounting the amp on top of the box tho. i read on bcae.com that its not a good idea. if you go there it explains why. basically the vibrations from the box can shake the internal components loose inside the amp. im not an expert tho. maybe some experts can chime in.
ben
x2

I highly recommend you not to mount it on the box, though if you have to you can just use a footprint layer of MDF etc.

I run into amps with broken fet leads all the time from people mounting directly on the box. Usually this happens to larger(physical) amps that do not have enough board standoffs inside the amp, but it can happen to all of them if the board is vibrated enough.

Hope that helps.

looks good matt cough**clearcoat**cough...
LMAO yes yes we have top pick up some tomorrow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

As for the amp mounting he has a small trunk and he dose not blare it so vibration should not be to big of a problem. But I will see if I can find another place for it.

Yesterday finished the amp install and installed a temp head unit to test it out. Sounds rely loud to loud for me but for him it's good.

Quick wiring up to test it.

100_1236.jpg

Wired it up with wires all tucked.

100_1237.jpg

All finished with that

100_1238.jpg

Wires all cleaned up will probably clean them up a bit more.

100_1241.jpg

x2
I highly recommend you not to mount it on the box, though if you have to you can just use a footprint layer of MDF etc.

I run into amps with broken fet leads all the time from people mounting directly on the box. Usually this happens to larger(physical) amps that do not have enough board standoffs inside the amp, but it can happen to all of them if the board is vibrated enough.

Hope that helps.
Eh, agree / disagree. Use rubber feet just in case.

And how did that spray paint work for you? I want to recolor my inside to match, all black. But, I'm not sure. You should definitely clear coat regardless.

comming along very nicely..it's nice and simple

just ditch those 90's chomes and get some 99-00 si rims..and some neuspeed springs and tokico blues and he'll be good to go..and i hope he has a cargo cover or is getting some 5% tints in back...

Ya he is getting brand new si wheels like the ones I use to have and he has the cover and also is getting the windows re tinted. I am surprising him tomorrow with a python 2 way alarm system for his car. "If the seller ever gets back to me"

Okay so were basically done. The new head unit is install he got a sick deal on it at best buy on clearance for 140 bucks! The speakers are either going to be Polk momos or Alpine type R components. And something simple in the rear. If we budget it may get a 4 channel amp but no real biggie he said if we don't. Enjoy!

The wires all being soldered.

PICT0002.jpg

All the wires have heat shrink on them than wrapped it all up in a nice bundle

PICT0003.jpg

The iPod cable ran nice and clean

PICT0004.jpg

The alpine cda-9884 man what a steal for 140 bucks. The little piece of read is just to show before and after.

PICT0005.jpg

The halo lights on

l_9ec71dc153ea4c71a71cbfca23065ecb.jpg

Just wanted to let everybody know. Matt did a hell of a job on my hatchback. It took 3 weeks to do everything and it came nice a hell! The subs put out a rely nice sound they can get rely loud if you want them to. We are not done yet if there anyone that need a system put in ask Matt he does a great job

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.