Precision Power vs Hifonics Brutus

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr_naler

I am in the market for a slow build that I am doing. I am going to be ordering either a single Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 12", or two 10" I series subwoofers. Either combo is rated at 600w RMS, but I have heard they are quite underrated, so I was thinking closer to needing 800w RMS. This is all very budget oriented, so my range for a sub amp is ~$200 and for my front stage(2-way passive components in the door, 2 8" midbass woofers in the rear floorboard.)

I want to use the same brand for continuity's sake in my install, as they will both be on display. Thanks for your help and input.

p.s. I am referring to the Black Ice and Phantom series only with Precision Power.

Personally, I would not use a maxxsonics subwoofer amp in SQ build if the head unit sends a stereo signal on its L/R subwoofer outs, since according to maxxsonics documentation their amps don't accept that signal and you need to split either L or R channel for it. Precision Power P1000 is cheap enough, usually under $200 online. It's also supposedly a little underrated, supposedly good for about 1000watt RMS at 2ohm.

Personally, I would not use a maxxsonics subwoofer amp in SQ build if the head unit sends a stereo signal on its L/R subwoofer outs, since according to maxxsonics documentation their amps don't accept that signal and you need to split either L or R channel for it. Precision Power P1000 is cheap enough, usually under $200 online. It's also supposedly a little underrated, supposedly good for about 1000watt RMS at 2ohm.

If you went with the Black Ice line I recommend the BK1300.1D for the subwoofer and the BK800.4 for the speakers. Together they will exceed your budget, but they will provide plenty of power.

If you went with the Black Ice line I recommend the BK1300.1D for the subwoofer and the BK800.4 for the speakers. Together they will exceed your budget, but they will provide plenty of power.
I might grab one of those BK1300.1D from you for my wife's car.

I recently sold my Hifonics amps for some PPI amps. I am not going to say that Hifonics isn't a good brand but it seems that the more recent product lines are being rated for max wattage than rms wattage. My last Hifonics amp was rated for 1500 watts rms but only has 120 amps of fusing. A friend clamped it and it was right around 1300 watts. I now have a PPi Sedona 2000.1 and its fusing is 200a recommended. I am still waiting to clamp it or if someone local gets an AD1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.