ppl with RE SE's look!!!

The question asked as "will it be loud", not "how can I make them loud" or "what would make them loud". The question was general, so a general answer fits.
BTW, the sub in that link is nothing special. It's a regular Shocker Sig with a NEO version of the HP4 motor. It's no better than the other, just lighter and easier to mount.
The sub in the link wasnt the point...It was showing that EVERY person who swapped them out saw a gain except for one person regardless of install...

lmao, so there isnt any difference between the neo sig and the 11.25" sig motor..."its just lighter"

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

So, Mike charges the extra $$ for ease of installation?? Awesome lol

The sub in the link wasnt the point...It was showing that EVERY person who swapped them out saw a gain except for one person regardless of install...
gotta chime in here... isnt that what i was getting at in the first place... woofer has very little to do with the install.

thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

gotta chime in here... isnt that what i was getting at in the first place... woofer has very little to do with the install.
thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No...This is what you said.

"depends on how good you are at installing.

they could either be loud or not loud."

Regardless of install and "dependant" on install are quite different..

Eric Coulter....

"one of the motors had loosened up while in my application and it was ****ed to the side effecting the travel of the assembly! As you can imagine this kills the output of the driver, yet it was still capcable of tieing my old Sigs"

Now explain to me how the neo and 04 sig are the same... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

Eric Coulter....
"one of the motors had loosened up while in my application and it was ****ed to the side effecting the travel of the assembly! As you can imagine this kills the output of the driver, yet it was still capcable of tieing my old Sigs"

Now explain to me how the neo and 04 sig are the same... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif
A motor being loose wont affect travel, it still moves the same amount. However, if the motor moved he woulda had baked coils from where they rubbed. There isn't more than a 1-2mm gap between the coil and motor. If I remember correctly, Eric Coulter was not using sigs, he was using Death Penalties or MT's (can't remember which).

They are the same in that if you take the specs of the motor in terms of flux strenth, location, and saturation, they are identical. As was stated in that link, the neo motor is no more stronger than the strontium (I think is what that uses). Neo has simply got more magnetic strenth for a given size.

Anywho, if your theory is correct, explain this: At SBN, Steve Nelson swapped his DD 9915's for DP15's and gained 1.5 dB. Right after SBN, Justin Thornton swapped his DD 9515's for DP15's and LOST 2 dB. That is 3.5 dB difference, both were in midsize SUV's, both had similar boxes, both had about the same power. Still not a believer? Dave Jennings at dB Drag finals swapped his WGTI12's (yes, JBL) for TRF12's (Team RF 12's) using a JBL 6000GTI on each sub (definitely ample power) and he lost 5 dB. The TRF's SHOULD be a better sub, why'd he lose so much? The box was setup for the JBL's, not the TRF's. Oh wait, thats the INSTALL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

phsballin4life

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
phsballin4life
sc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date