Power Trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

bscott3411

Hey guys. I'm a novice when it comes to installs. I've done a couple but I'm in need of some further assistance. Here's my dilemma:

I recently installed a new head unit into my 2003 Nissan but I'm having trouble getting it to keep constant power. The factory radio worked just fine before I took it out. I wired up the new stereo, installed it, and made sure it was good to go before I put the dash back together. It powered up and worked for about 20 seconds, then as soon as I went to push it back into place, it shut off. I double checked all my wiring and checked the fuses. Just yesterday I had to replace the car battery so when it reset after being disconnected, the stereo powered back up once I started the car... again for about 20 seconds. I then hooked up the factory stereo to the original wiring to start troubleshooting and it does the same thing now. It will stay on for less than a minute, then shut off. Being that both units aren't getting constant power is what threw me for a loop as I know the problem isn't in the wiring I did.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.