Power LED on my ALipne amp stays on after shutoff / remote unplugged????!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby12many
10+ year member

Just finished installing my older Alpine V12 MRV-F353 to power my components and sub until my new Headunit and amp come in.

Everything went well, and teh install sounds great.....

BUT, when I went out to check a few things, I noticed that the Power LED on the AMp was ON, even though the Stereo/Ignition/ENgine/etc were OFF.

So, my first insticnt was to unplug the Remote wire, which had no affect on the LED.

Im not super worried about it, as the draw from teh little LED is far from enough to kill my battery overnight, but it is seriously bugging me. Im sure its enough to kill the car if I left it for a few days I guess.

Anyone have some input on this? The amp was in my storage for a few years until this week when I took the covers off, blew it down with compressed air etc.

I really would appreciate any input on this

remote wire isn't hooked to ignition....its hooked up to constant twelve volts
Not the case.

I completely unplugged the remote wire, and it remained lit. No key in the ignition, everything off, Amp light is still on.

Checked for crossing of the 12v+ and remote or even a ground loop into the rmote line, and nothing.

Its gotta be an issue w/ the amp I think I this point :dunno:

No one can shed any light on this?

VERY strange problem to have... but a totally annoying problem none the less.

All of the connections are fine, the ground is perfect, and the remote wire is completely seperated from the others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.