Power Acoustik "LT SERIES" 2-Channel Amplifier 980 Watts Max enough for a 15" JL w6v1

Participant count
  • Participant list

JLaudiouser

Hey i got a JL audio 15w6v1 it used to be my brothers back in the day and he had it hooked up to a kenwood 400watt rms amp. dont know the model but that was perfect for it and you could hear him coming from more than a 1/4 mile away. but since then that amp has died. I'm looking for a cheaper amp that should do about the same. Heres a link to the power acoustik 980 watt max amp http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=LT9802

The sub is in a sealed box and i was just wondering what amp i should get under $100 to make this thing be heard from a ways away. Until i get a new vehicle its going to be in the front seat of my 1988 ford ranger. Lol i had this sub hooked up on my cousins amp which is the same as this 980 but it was the 620 watt version instead and it sounded great and loud in the car but i guess his setup wasn't the best... anyways tell me what you think. Thanks

Edit: i Plan on hooking this all up to a Panasonic MXE CQ-C1200U http://www.crutchfield.com/S-17jDVcAO8ZK/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=133C1200

If you have any other amp suggestions for under $100 Tell me.. i was also considering a Legacy "Predator" Class D Mono Block Amplifier 2000 Watts Max 1ohm stable for 100 bucks... that might be louder but the PA would probably have better quality.. idk i'm somewhat of a noob... with the PA i would have to run the JL at 6ohm and with the Legacy i could run it at 3 Ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.