Power acoustik A600-4HP gain problems...

Participant count
  • Participant list

dave sz
10+ year member

So, it's a 70RMSx4@4ohms, meaning the voltage coming out of the amp when setting up the gains should be below 16.74v, right? Well, when I do that, the rear speakers, Kicker ssmb6 6.5" free air midbass speakers, get kind of distorted. The fronts are fine but the tweeters are a bit unclear, MB QUART DSE 216. The crossovers that came with teh comonents have a 0db, -3db, -6db option for the tweets, should I use the -3 or -6db options to make them less noticeable? When I set up my gains I used a 1000hz track for the components, and a 50hz, 80hz, 120hz, 150hz for the rear midbass speakers. I put a hpf on the compnents, around ~120hz, and a lpf of 100hz for the kickers, 30-500hz range on those. I'm not sure what frequency tone I should've used for the midbass rears, so I tried all the ones mentioned above, what do you guys suggest I use? Should I just set the gains at around 16v and see if that works, or is it something else wrong? I have a 2/0ga cable running through a fuse block to the amp as power, then I have a 2/0ga,

Ok, so I did the gains by ear and I had to back them down a bit from the calcualted voltages.

Now, I wanna run the amp in 3ch mode. I wanna run the rear midbass as 1ch. Will there be benefits by doing that? Will they still be running at 4ohm or at 2ohm?

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great.

Anyway, it was a blown speaker. The cone didn't even move unless you pushed down on it. Like it got detached from the voice coil or something...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.